dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
mikeeey
join:2012-07-09

mikeeey to Lynn0

to Lynn0

Re: Probably the worst ACANAC story yet (complete incompetence)

I am very aware of ticketing systems as I am sure others do too. When a ticket is closed, it is closed.

You say that I am not aware of how Acanac operates but I think we can both agree that they do not operate very well. When a ticket has two concerns and only one of them is address, and when similar issues happen to others time and time again... it becomes a concern with the way Acanac operates.

Again, read all my history and then maybe you will decide to reply more appropriately.
Lynn0
Premium Member
join:2011-08-11
Trenton, ON

4 edits

Lynn0

Premium Member

Your address has been updated to the proper apartment number.

UPDATE: I have talked to Sonya who by the way is the head of billing . Your account has been canceled, your refund sent back to you and you have been sent an email with the details.
You said:

"That brings us to this morning. I checked my email and noticed two emails from Acanac, one charging me over $500 a year for DSL service and the second charging me about $108 a year for the dryloop. " .

As of today(same day you got the invoice) you have been refunded 514.60 for the dsl service + 108.48 for the dry loop.
mikeeey
join:2012-07-09

mikeeey

Just to continue with the Acanac nightmare, after posting on this forum, Acanac did finally react right away and let me cancelled my membership. The fact that my year expired on July 8th but I did not actually have connection until sometime in August of last year and the fact that I spent countless hours and writing dozens of emails and talking for hours on the phone you would think that they wouldn't stop my service immediately and give me the week buffer to get myself a new provider.

Well, it's expected of Acanac to behave in such ways forcing me to yet again go back to this forum and bad mouth their service.

Here is my next nightmare with them. So I signed up with TekSavvy and everything worked smoothly until they contacted me and told me that they cannot continue with activating my account because my cable modem is registered with another provider and needs to be released. If you read my prior posts, I had internet cable with Acanac more than a year ago that I tried for almost 3 months to switch to DSL as I moved places. They haven't released my cable modem so now I am stuck with no internet until I get a hold of Acanac again to resolve yet another issue.

Warning about calling Acanac. Not only can you not contact any department on the phone except for sales, I was on hold in the queue with sales for over 40 minutes. It started off as being 13th in line and then it started counting backwards. When it finally got to #2 in line and was told that it will be 2 minutes, I got a message saying that "we are currently experiencing higher than normal call volume and will have to shut down" at which time the call hung up.

I am continuing to update this forum to let everyone know what a nightmare Acanac is. As of now I am stuck with no connection until I can get a hold of Acanac for them to release my cable modem.