Search similar:

uniqs
shockwave007
join:2005-09-29
G6H4F3

shockwave007

Internet Down..

Hi Lynn,

It seems my internet is currently down. Do you have any news or updates about the Kitchener/Waterloo area?

The strange part is, I do get DHCP from Acanac but unable to surf out. Able to reach the gateway (216.58.123.65), but not the DNS server(209.197.128.2). No changes were made on my end..

Are you able to look into this for me?

Thanks...
Lynn0
Premium Member
join:2011-08-11
Trenton, ON

Lynn0

Premium Member

Sent you a pm asking for your user name or email on the account. Been awhile since i talked to you and not sure I still have it as I usually get rid of cx. personal information after problem has been fixed.
shockwave007
G6H4F3

shockwave007

replied..

WatFrog
@NetDirect.CA

WatFrog to shockwave007

Anon

to shockwave007
Having the exact same issue since this morning. I am also in the KW area. This is cable internet BTW.

Is there something down in KW?

Thanks.
shockwave007
G6H4F3

shockwave007

@WatFrog: Yup, I'm on cable as well..

Everything looks fine, addresses are received and everything, but I just cannot reach the outside world... I can reach the gateway, but I can't even reach the DNS server... How about you?
shockwave007

shockwave007

Btw, it happened this morning for me as well... Woke up, checked the Inet, and noticed it was down..

Maybe happened overnight.......

Fergless
Premium Member
join:2008-04-19
Toronto, ON

Fergless to shockwave007

Premium Member

to shockwave007
There was an outage in the Kitchener Waterloo area, but it's back up again.
»www.distributel.ca/en/ne ··· tat.aspx

WatFrog
@NetDirect.CA

WatFrog to shockwave007

Anon

to shockwave007
@shockwave007: exact same thing. I first thought my firewall (pfSense) was acting up, so I connected my wi-fi router directly to the modem, restarted the modem, got an IP address through DHCP (different address than previous) all right, but can't get past the gateway. No DNS resolution either.

Plugged back my firewall and received initial IP address (lease tied to the Mac address was probably still up), and I am now in the same state: I can ping the gateway, but that's it.

I went home at lunch time and things hadn't changed. Still no internet, which is a major inconvenience as I have VoIP lines that depend on it.

Connection had been rock solid for months, I hope this get resolved soon.
shockwave007
G6H4F3

shockwave007

@Fergless: sweet! I'll go home later and check...

@WatFrog: you back online? i went home at lunch too and it was still down... approx. 12:15 - 1:15..

connection had been rock solid for months for me as well... today was the first outage...

WatFrog
@NetDirect.CA

WatFrog

Anon

@shockwave007: I checked around 15:30 and yes, I am back online: my SIP lines are registered. I can't VPN in, though, but that is probably because of my fiddling with my firewall settings this morning.

Cheers.
WatFrog

WatFrog to Fergless

Anon

to Fergless

Internet back up

I can confirm that internet is back up and running for me.
Phew!

Thanks.
shockwave007
G6H4F3

shockwave007

Re: Internet Down..

Internet is back up for me as well! cheers!
Lynn0
Premium Member
Trenton, ON

Lynn0

Premium Member

Sorry everyone i was off by time these posts came in but glad Fergie was here for you.
shockwave007
G6H4F3

shockwave007

The Internet is down again.. Lynn or Fergless, do you guys have an ETA or any updates?

Same symptoms as before.. IPs assigned, but can't reach out..

Thanks.

Fergless
Premium Member
join:2008-04-19
Toronto, ON

Fergless

Premium Member

No ETA right now shockwave007

Lynn is away right now and I'm getting swamped on the other forum, so I apologize for not replying to posts on this forum.
shockwave007
G6H4F3

shockwave007

Internet still down..
Lynn0
Premium Member
Trenton, ON

Lynn0

Premium Member

said by shockwave007:

Internet still down..

Sorry just back from vacation. Has this issue been resolved?