spc
Search similar:

uniqs

reedog117
@above.net

reedog117

Anon

[Northeast] Negotiate lower monthly rates if on old MDU infrastr

I currently live in a condo building in Arlington, VA outfitted with Verizon FiOS' older MDU infrastructure where they run local VDSL2 loops to each unit. As a result I'm stuck with my highest available speed tier being 20/10, and I'm paying the former premium 25/25 price for it in my bundle.

I never really complained too much since I'm getting consistent 25/15 speeds from it, but now with the new Quantum FiOS tiers, I'm now overpaying by a lot! Basically I'm paying the 50/25 rate for 20/10 speeds?!?

Has anyone had any luck negotiating lower monthly rates? I would hate to have to move to Comcast just because Verizon is permanently capped in my building unless they upgrade the infrastructure. I did finish up my 2yr contract and am going month-to-month if that helps.

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom

Re: [Northeast] Negotiate lower monthly rates if on old MDU infr

said by reedog117 :

As a result I'm stuck with my highest available speed tier being 20/10, and I'm paying the former premium 25/25 price for it in my bundle.

Basically I'm paying the 50/25 rate for 20/10 speeds?!?

Not sure I follow you as I currently have the 25/25 package and if I want to renew/upgrade to the 50/25 package its an extra $20 dollars/mo for me in Jersey.
gadgetboyj
Premium Member
join:2009-08-25
Staten Island, NY

gadgetboyj

Premium Member

said by bohratom:

Not sure I follow you as I currently have the 25/25 package and if I want to renew/upgrade to the 50/25 package its an extra $20 dollars/mo for me in Jersey.

The OP is on a VDSL2 infrastructure, and therefore cannot upgrade to one of the higher tiers, unless they were to upgrade the infrastructure in the entire building.
Expand your moderator at work

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom to gadgetboyj

to gadgetboyj

Re: [Northeast] Negotiate lower monthly rates if on old MDU infr

said by gadgetboyj:

The OP is on a VDSL2 infrastructure, and therefore cannot upgrade to one of the higher tiers, unless they were to upgrade the infrastructure in the entire building.

You missed my point, the OP was presenting a fact that the price was the same for non VDSL2 customers to have the 50/25 speed. Only point I was making is in Jersey having a 25/25 package I have to pay $20/mo more to go to 50/20.
gadgetboyj
Premium Member
join:2009-08-25
Staten Island, NY

gadgetboyj

Premium Member

Oh, yes. I see that is what you meant now, sorry.