spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Kzoom

@williamoneil.com

[TW] TWC to TWC-Earthlink Users: No Hotspots For You!

Changed from Earthlink DSL to TWC Cable for my inet last summer, when I found out I could do it without abandoning my email address (since 1999!).
Tried out the TWC Hotspot at Starbucks this morning, with my Xoom wi-fi and my Earthlink account through TWC.
After it didn't work, I called the number on the page it displayed, and the nice young lady there informed me that I could use the Hotspots if I dropped my Earthlink account and started all over with RoadRunner.
As far as I can tell, there is no price difference, and they already get my money on autopay, and everyone here KNOWS there's no technical impediment, so this is just a hurdle invented by Marketing to UP their number of 'TWC' subscribers.

cramer
Premium
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC
kudos:9

There's a distinction you're missing here... you are an Earthlink customer, not TWC. Yes, you're paying TWC, but you still aren't a TWC customer. Your value added services come from Earthlink, not TWC.

It may be possible, someday, for the contract between them to include hotspot access (and wideband service), but that day isn't today.

Wilsdom

join:2009-08-06
reply to Kzoom

Some of the money you pay to TWC goes to Earthlink. If TWC adds a feature to get you to switch so that they keep all the money that's about as legitimate a business practice as it gets. If the rate is exactly the same you can't really complain. Earthlink is usually cheaper though, so you'll probably be paying for those hotspots

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
kudos:15
reply to Kzoom

instead of TWC hotspot access you get access to earthlink dial-up and newsgroups.