how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

robman50

join:2010-12-14
Beamsville, ON

[Cable TV] Audio/Video problems

I am having so many problems with my TV service.
On many channels the video feed keeps blocking up and freezes and the audio feed also on many channels have a loud clicking sound (almost like when you hook up a stereo system and the wire falls out of the speaker connectors and it makes a loud pop sound). Also many other channels have an hissing sound (did not know that happens on digital TV).
As for the video problems and the blocks (it is not the compression on the signal) it looks like when it freezes everything stutters. Sometimes if it gets really bad the video freezes and the sound clicks or the screen goes black.

What is going on? It never used to be like this. IMHO For $56.99 it really should be much better. The service is not worth that high price.

jmarlatt2

join:2006-09-20
Chatham, ON
sounds like you need to call Cogeco and have a tech come out, looks like you have low signal strength. Could be a loose wire or water got into a connection.

robman50

Beamsville, ON
well that's half of the problem right there. they did send a guy out and he found no problems with the house wiring. he did how ever mention about replacing the line from the pole to the house but that wouldn't have done anything. oh well.

robman50

Beamsville, ON
reply to robman50
what are those grey things that hang on the cable line out on the poles? they sort of look like large cable splitters and is that box an amp? could my cable line be loose on one of those things?

robman50

Beamsville, ON
reply to robman50
I did some troubleshooting and here is what I know so far,
- it's not my wiring
- it's not the line from my house
- it's probably not the line or equipment on the road
- other people I talk to say they have the same problems as I do
- the problem lies somewhere else down the line
If other people who live in different city's or towns than I do than could the problem be near the starting point? Would that be Burlington?
Where does the cable signals come from anyway? Like whats Cogeco's starting point for cable? Like antenna's get it from the air towers, satellite dishes catch it from satellites in orbit. That black coax must lead to some where.

Hodgeman

join:2002-10-19
Burlington, ON
reply to robman50
said by robman50:

the audio feed also on many channels have a loud clicking sound (almost like when you hook up a stereo system and the wire falls out of the speaker connectors and it makes a loud pop sound).

Yeah, started noticing the exact same issue here in the last week or so.

robman50

Beamsville, ON
said by Hodgeman:

said by robman50:

the audio feed also on many channels have a loud clicking sound (almost like when you hook up a stereo system and the wire falls out of the speaker connectors and it makes a loud pop sound).

Yeah, started noticing the exact same issue here in the last week or so.

As for the video feed it is just as bad as my OTA system on an windy day, if not than worse.
As for the audio problems that is why I am really looking forward to getting rid of Cogeco. You really notice the pop's and click's when your 5.1 stereo is set to EXT. Stereo. It's so annoying. It made me jump one day to. LOL