Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL

CNBC World dropped in Chicago

This is rather weird. Last month, Comcast added a second channel number for CNBC World (was 178, added 155.) The bill a month before had mentioned that, then also said that both would disappear July 10. I thought that was a typo and that only 178 was going away. WRONG. BOTH are now gone! Why the did they create a new channel, only to delete both a month later????

jl747

join:2005-03-24
Mount Prospect, IL

I saw this too.

I shot an email to CNBC to see if they knew what is going on.
It would be interesting to hear from the other side.

dishrich

join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL

Dropped downstate IL as well.
If it's any consolation, DISH dropped it several months ago as well...

mo123

@comcast.net
reply to jl747

Did an online chat with comcast last night. The representative said CNBC World was being dropped due to not enough viewers. Try complaining alot to them to get them to bring it back up.

Miami20

@comcast.net
reply to andyross

I am so disappointed that CNBC World has been dropped by Comcast. Investors live in a global world where Asia and EU are critical. I'm going to find a way to restore this channel. At this point, I'd gladly drop Comcast and even pay a premium to get CNBC World.

Os

join:2011-01-26
US
reply to andyross

This probably is due to the fact that CNBC World is not carried in most Comcast regions.

The only other region I've seen it carried in other than Chicago is Pittsburgh.

I don't know if they lost it.

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

ONLY ex-adelphia and I think media one areas have it. All the others don't have it.

jl747

Mount Prospect, IL
reply to andyross

Here is a partial reply from Comcast Ecare.

"I will do my best to provide helpful information that will address your concern with channel CNBC.

I understand that you no longer have CNBC on channel 178. I know how important it is to verify what has happened to your favorite program so that you will be aware of it. It will be my pleasure to provide helpful
information that will properly address your channel inquiry.

I have checked my resources and it is confirmed that CNBC is still part of your channel lineup. It is just that CNBC is no longer on channel 178 but it is now available on channels 63 and 266 for High Definition (HD) programming."

Not once did this person mention that I had asked about CNBC World nor they says why it was removed.

Just a FYI.

Os

join:2011-01-26
US
reply to mikedz4

You're right. It is found in the ex-Adelphia systems around Western Pennsylvania.

The Adelphia systems in Virginia must not have had it, but their lineups were completely transformed to match Comcast. Except they all kept HDNet.

Da bulls hah

@comcast.net
reply to andyross

Good news...you can watch cnbc world online at

»www.zahipedia.info/2010/02/19/wa···-online/

sucks its not on tv but its better than nothing

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
reply to jl747

That Comcast ECare message was totally wrong. They were talking about CNBC, not CNBC World, which was a mix of feeds from CNBC Asia and CNBC Europe.

jl747

Mount Prospect, IL

Yea I know.

I wrote back to them for more clarification.
No answer yet.

jl747

Mount Prospect, IL
reply to andyross

Here is the answer I received.

"Thank you for contacting Comcast, home of the Customer Guarantee. My name is Joseph and you have reached Xfinity TV email support. I will do my best to assist you with your concern.

I understand you want to verify why CNBC World was removed from your Comcast channel lineup. I am really sorry for any inconvenience that this issue may be causing you. I know how important it is for you to determine why there is a need for such change so you would have a better idea. It will be my pleasure to provide you with information about channel changes. Rest assured that the information in this email will help you with your inquiry.

We appreciate that you took the time to discuss the recent
recent programming changes. We have documented your concern for further review and action.

Our goal at Comcast is to provide a diverse mix of programming through quality cable networks and local broadcast channels. Many factors such as customer demographics, customer feedback, cost, availability, and contractual restrictions are considered when determining the channels carried and their placement on the Comcast lineup. We are continually working to improve the quality and variety of the service we provide.

In addition to requests from customers, the following factors play a
part in our decision making process:

· FCC regulations, such as requirements to carry all local broadcast
channels
· Requirement by local broadcasters to carry their affiliated cable
networks
· The number of access channels required by local government
· Customer satisfaction with networks carried in other systems
· Customer satisfaction with similar networks
· Importance of the network to our diverse community
· Level of interest across a percentage of our customer base
· Per-subscriber programming fees charged by the network versus the
value added to the line-up"

mikedz4

Weirton, WV

typical canned response.

jl747

Mount Prospect, IL

It sure is.

OSUGoose

join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH

AT least it was a US based responce and not India Broken English like the first one was. They cared enough to blow you off with an american!

Joe12345678

join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL

really It seems like both are auto canned responses.

jl747

Mount Prospect, IL
reply to andyross

CNBCW is back on channel 155.

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL

That's weird.

miami200

@comcast.net
reply to jl747

Glad that Comcast finally did the right thing by reinstating CNBC World. Given the globalization of finance, Comcast subscribers simply can NOT be without programming such as this. I hope Comcast is smart enough to keep CNBC World on the air.

Mgsports

join:2004-11-11
Olathe, KS
reply to andyross

And add it to area's like mine who don't have it.

dishrich

join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL
reply to jl747

said by jl747:

CNBCW is back on channel 155.

We have it (back) on 413 as well...

mikedz4

Weirton, WV
reply to Mgsports

The answer is the internet I guess. You can probably watch anything if you want to search hard enough.

theraven146

join:2012-07-25
reply to mo123

" CNBC World was being dropped due to not enough viewers" This is strange. I thought CNBC was one of the most popular channels in the country. I guess the strategy is to convert it into a pay per view channel after some time. Not sure. But I do have a strong feeling.

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL

CNBC World is not the same as the main CNBC, which is the biggest BUSINESS-oriented channel.

jl747

Mount Prospect, IL
reply to andyross

CNBC World is gone again.

Everyone should contact Comcast and ask why.

This is crazy.

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL

Supposedly, it was brought back due to the Olympics (did it cover any sports?) Now, it should be gone for good.

telcodad

join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:5

Yes, see this other thread: »Where is CNBC World??