All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Treeckcold57
join:2012-07-10
Winston Salem, NC

Treeckcold57

North State Communications is availability in Winston-Salem?

Hey guys, I will move to Winston-Salem pretty soon, and I'm using aunt's wireless connection for temporary sharing. So I wondered if North State Communications is available in Winston-Salem area? Thanks!
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman

Premium Member

They use AT&T coverage map on their website. »wireless.northstate.net/ ··· _gsm.gif
Going to the AT&T coverage map shows voice, 4G services, and smartlimits, family map as available.
Treeckcold57
Winston Salem, NC

Treeckcold57

That's only for the cell mobile. I'm talked about the internet broadband here. I'm very interested to have the FTTH ISP right here. I would be appreciated if anyone knows NSC is available in this area.
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman to Treeckcold57

Premium Member

to Treeckcold57
From the website:
North State provides services primarily in a 600-square-mile area located in the Piedmont Triad Region of North Carolina in and around the communities of High Point, Thomasville, Archdale, Randleman, Jamestown, Trinity and portions of Greensboro and Kernersville.

Notice they do not mention the big city of Winston-Salem. I think that there is a traditional cable company providing service within the city.
Treeckcold57
Winston Salem, NC

Treeckcold57

Yeah, I'm aware of that, but I noticed that they also have the datacenter building (Google Datachambers) that has North State provides the business service is about only 5 miles away from my home. But I have no clue why the cable company is still around here for years. I've tried the Time Warner Cable and find it so terrible service.

Jane248
@northstate.net

Jane248 to Treeckcold57

Anon

to Treeckcold57
North State Communications' residential footprint is currently in High Point, Thomasville, Archdale-Trinity, Randleman and parts of Jamestown. Plex Broadband Internet is available in those areas, and Plex Advanced TV is available in most of those areas, and growing. Plex Broadband Internet has the highest speeds in the Triad -- up to 30 Mbps x 80 Mbps speeds, so it's no wonder a lot of folks want it. There are no immediate plans or dates available for offering residential services to Winston-Salem, however, the company is growing.
Treeckcold57
Winston Salem, NC

Treeckcold57

Sounds promised...but I don't know when will they going to expanding Winston-Salem.
Expand your moderator at work