uniqs
share rss forum feed

grayfox

join:2007-12-10
Whitby, ON

1 edit
reply to Immortal

Re: Standard Broadband

3.65ghz has different regulations then the ISM bands.

Mikrotik stuff works very good if the whole cpe is from them its emissions would be fine. Mikrotik stuff is good it supports tdma with nstream.

Industry Canada probably won't care about this I am sure the FCC has approved everything and it has no illegal emissions.

I am not familiar with mikrotik's new line of products but the old stuff was good. They have Nstream with TDMA ive read it works very well.

I am sure they can just set the country code to Canada to meet the Canadian requirements for our regulatory domain (Power limit's and frequency).

There only real licensing restriction I recall when I looked at it before was that you would be assigned either a licensed to allow the full 50mhz of spectrum or 25mhz. Industry Canada would determine if you need it and if anyone else around was using it to determine if you get the 50mhz.

3.65ghz from what I understand is not exclusive but providers must co-ordinate and ensure they do not cause harmful interference to each other and I think it has a lower power limit then 3.5ghz.

edit: They might require that the gear is certified but Industry Canada's site is so difficult to navigate. I have not been able to find much information on the site.