spc
Search similar:

uniqs
steved718
join:2012-05-20
Middle Village, NY

steved718

Will Verizon run some fiber for me?

I'm on eliot avenue by 83rd street in middle village. Fios is readily available on the other side of eliot but we have the utility poles in the back alleyway between 82nd - 84th street on our side. Regardless, 82nd st and eliot (on the opposite side) has fios and this seems like the only way they would be able to build our block anyway. Assuming that's the closest point fios is at the moment, does anyone know if they will toss the fiber across the avenue (which is only 2 lanes) and 100ft down caldwell avenue to hit the alleyway? They'd be doing it anyway sooner or later I'd hope. I'd be jumping on the quad play maxed out everything too.

Be gentle!
aguen
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Grants Pass, OR

aguen

Premium Member

Your best bet would be to contact whatever local govt. dept. handles cable/fios franchise. They are the ones that drew up the boundaries.
jophan
Premium Member
join:2009-07-12
Jenkintown, PA

jophan to steved718

Premium Member

to steved718
You're somewhere on the schedule, and they will not change the schedule on request. Possibly you are on the wrong side of some boundary (the wire center, the route within the wc, the hub area within the route) which would mean that the existing build is irrelevant to your block.

I have a friend whose backdoor neighbors have had FiOS available for three years, but hers hasn't started construction yet.
steved718
join:2012-05-20
Middle Village, NY

steved718

Great news. My temp living situation is over and my new place has fios available. Install set for 9-12pm on the 23rd. 300/65 isn't available there though. Guess i'll have to live with 150/65 for now!