Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to rasmasyean

Re: [TWC] Youtube 1080p stream DLing fast enough

It's a google problem. My tmo 4g is the only broadband i have that can stream youtube 1080p without a problem. I have issues on twc, comcast, rcn, mediacom, and cox. Been this way for years. I just end up downloading it at like 30Mb a sec vs. 16kb streaming.
--
The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect, he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult. The day he forgives himself, he becomes wise.
Alden Nowlan

rasmasyean

@rr.com

I have a Core i7 / 8GB and a Core i5 / 4GB and they both have this issue.

djdanska,

Are you saying that google doesn't like cable companies or something? Why is that???

And what do you mean "downloading" 30 Mb/s vs "streaming" 16kbd? Are you saying that you use a youtube downloader of some sort and download the video file prior to playing it?

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

not sure if it's cable or not, iIdon't use dsl. My twc world stream at speeds as low as 16kb down but if i use a downloader app, i have no problem reaching full speeds. not sure why. turn on my WiFi hotspot on my amaze and it streams at 20Mb down. no clue.
--
The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect, he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult. The day he forgives himself, he becomes wise.
Alden Nowlan