join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
·AT&T FTTP
·Comcast XFINITY

Chris 313 to Pooper3

Premium Member

to Pooper3

Re: Comcast downgraded/slowed my connection down

Heh. I know. I've heard horror stories about Comcast and have had my own issues with them in the past. But the most recent ones were solved with Steve's quick help. And as for his reply, it depends on when you get him. It could be a few minutes, hours or even the next day. But he does respond. And as the rules say, don't bump your own post if no reply has appeared yet, it could delay response time.

And as for your problem lasting 3 weeks, I'd have said come here and post your issue sooner for a quicker resolution, but seeing your join date, I'd say that wasn't possible. How long did you lurk before you joined and posted your problem?
travelguy
join:1999-09-03
Bismarck, ND
Asus RT-AC68
Ubiquiti NSM5

travelguy to Pooper3

to Pooper3
How is it dishonorable? Blast in most areas is 20-30mbps, with best effort to provide higher speed for a short period of time/smaller download.

You appear to have been receiving significantly more than you were paying for and are unhappy that Comcast finally realized it and made the appropriate changes.

Chris 313
Because It's Geekier
Premium Member
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
·AT&T FTTP
·Comcast XFINITY

Chris 313

Premium Member

The issue is, sure, while he may have been receiving higher speeds for whatever reason, he can't get what he's paying for now. Any judgment or critique about the situation should be reserved until after he returns with what Comcast Steve says about his situation and fixes it.
Pooper3
join:2012-07-11
Tucson, AZ

Pooper3

]Here I am over one month later and as I predicted my speed is even worse now.

These are my average speeds now:

3.56 Mb/s 0.33 Mb/s 8 ms

»speedtest.net/result/210 ··· 2494.png
»speedtest.net/result/210 ··· 9139.png
»speedtest.net/result/210 ··· 7493.png
Pooper3

Pooper3

Here are the results using comcast's speedtest:

»stage.results.speedtest. ··· 7282.png
»stage.results.speedtest. ··· 7502.png
»stage.results.speedtest. ··· 7112.png

I have to use my mobile phone's 3G connection for my primary internet connection now since my Comcast is slower. :-(

JigglyWiggly
join:2009-07-12
Pleasanton, CA

JigglyWiggly

Gotta go slow
-comcast

Those speeds are probably faster than most mobile 3g. Now if you have verizon LTE unlimited, then hehe