KeysCapt
FAQ Master
join:2001-07-11
Carson City, NV
kudos:1
reply to NetFixer

Re: Is it possible to quit Google?

said by NetFixer:

Perhaps eventually someone with intimate knowledge of this site's unseen functionality might pop into this thread with information either confirming or contradicting that?

If I disallow googleapis as illustrated above, it does inhibit mod abilities on the site.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
you wont see any vote results without google apis either.

Plus the reply key didn't work, but I don't remember if that was a google thing or some other script issue.
--
--Standard disclaimers apply.--
The preceding posting is null and void in Arizona and any other jurisdiction where prohibited by law.

NetFixer
Bah Humbug
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
said by AVD:

Plus the reply key didn't work, but I don't remember if that was a google thing or some other script issue.

I seem to remember that I have no problems replying, quoting, posting, or editing with googleapis disabled (this reply for example was made with googleapis disabled). And while I seldom bother looking at poll posts, I can't recall ever having a problem seeing the results of the few I have viewed with googleapis disabled.

[disclaimer]YMMV[/disclaimer]
--
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

NetFixer
Bah Humbug
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage

1 recommendation

reply to KeysCapt
said by KeysCapt:

If I disallow googleapis as illustrated above, it does inhibit mod abilities on the site.

Thanks. Sounds like another reason (aside from the obvious reasons) to not want a moderator job on this site.
--
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

KeysCapt
FAQ Master
join:2001-07-11
Carson City, NV

3 recommendations

said by NetFixer:

Thanks. Sounds like another reason (aside from the obvious reasons) to not want a moderator job on this site.

One of many.

OZO
Premium
join:2003-01-17
kudos:2
reply to NetFixer
said by NetFixer:

said by AVD:

I seem to remember that I have no problems replying, quoting, posting, or editing with googleapis disabled (this reply for example was made with googleapis disabled). And while I seldom bother looking at poll posts, I can't recall ever having a problem seeing the results of the few I have viewed with googleapis disabled.

[disclaimer]YMMV[/disclaimer]

I can confirm that. There is no problem with replying, quoting, posting, or editing. And there is no any problem with participating in polls or viewing results. As I mentioned earlier, in my environment Google tracking is permanently blocked.
--
Keep it simple, it'll become complex by itself...