uniqs
share rss forum feed

ropeguru
Premium
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA
reply to jdmm72

Re: Dag nab it!

Care to show facts about the railroads all being subsidized by the government?

The only one that I know of is Amtrack. Last time I checked, all the commodity carriers are turning profits.

jdmm72

join:2002-02-12
Nitro, WV
Reviews:
·Suddenlink

2 edits

1 recommendation

Oh, really???

HEARTLAND CORRIDOR PROJECT!!!!!

»www.thefutureneedsus.com/

Nope, not a subsidy!!!!

Doesn't benefit CSX, Norfolk-Southern, or Conrail does it???

But the caveat with rail, is that it is considered a strategic asset. As is the Civilian Air Reserve Fleet (the air carriers.)

ropeguru
Premium
Mechanicsville, VA
said by jdmm72:

Oh, really???

HEARTLAND CORRIDOR PROJECT!!!!!

»www.thefutureneedsus.com/

Nope, not a subsidy!!!!

Doesn't benefit CSX, Norfolk-Southern, or Conrail does it???

But the caveat with rail, is that it is considered a strategic asset. As is the Civilian Air Reserve Fleet (the air carriers.)

This time I will auto quote in case you decide to edit again to look better.

Ok, so I will admit that when you posted, "Additionally, we've gotten to keep subsidizing all the railroads ever since.", I took that as giving them money because they cannot turn a profit.

So by your definition, yes, they are getting subsidies. But I will pose to you this, show me ONE major infrastructure that never gets some sort of subsidy.

You won't find one! Hell, I bet even you local WV state road gets them.

Simba7
I Void Warranties

join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT
said by ropeguru:

You won't find one! Hell, I bet even you local WV state road gets them.

Depends on the subsidy.. You can bet WV knows how to blow money on routers that they'll never fully utilize.

jdmm72

Nitro, WV
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
reply to ropeguru
You're an idiot. I edited to keep from double posting.

I never said anything about West Virginia. Yeah, that'd be a surprise to me, WV taking federal money. You mean my state, one of the top 3 WELFARE states in the union per capita, no way!!!!

In fact, much of that Heartland Corridor money was spent.....IN WV!!!

Look I edited...Additionally, what telco company is not turning a profit, but is getting federal money. Frontier is turning a profit, yet they are getting a subsidy, so your statement about companies having to turn a loss to get subsidy is pointless.

ropeguru
Premium
Mechanicsville, VA
And obviously, YOU have a lack of comprehension. As if you had comprehended what I wrote, you would have noticed that I explained what my initial understanding was of what you wrote to mean only those that did not turn a profit. I then went on to agree that other were getting subsidies.

But I guess being from Nitro, WV, it takes a while for anything! (since you want to put people down)

And OT - Yes you edited the post I am replying to BEFORE even posting it. I was referring to your ORIGINAL post where you removed the word "all" from your sentence. Which when you did so put the remark "1 edit" on the left side where your info is. Your post I am replying to does NOT have the "edit" flag since you edited BEFORE posting, so you do not even understand how this site works! Who is the idiot now?

jdmm72

Nitro, WV
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
So who is the lamebrain, so NO railroads get subsidies? Right? Comprehension, huh, where in my original post did I post anything about profits?

And no, I (slowly, so you can comprehend), I edited my previous post A-F-T-E-R I P-O-S-T-E-D I-T!!!

So, I removed the word "all," WOW, where did that change the meaning of what I wrote? Yeah, thought so, it didn't

I can see why we seceded from your state. So, go crawl back down the hole you came from.

Simba7
I Void Warranties

join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT
Ok you two.. Take the fight elsewhere, preferably in a PM.