Flash v11.3.300.265

caffeinator
Coming soon to a cup near you..
Premium
join:2005-01-16
WA, USA
kudos:4

Re: Flash v11.3.300.257

Odd, that says I have 257 using Opera (which I do), yet it also says this under versions:

quote:
Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape, Opera (and other plugin-based browsers) 11.3.300.262
Typo perhaps?

amazingm
Premium
join:2001-07-16
USA

2 recommendations

reply to antdude
Actually, the new versions are 11.3.300.265get.adobe.com/flashplayer)

lordpuffer
RIP lil
Premium
join:2004-09-19
Rio Rancho, NM
kudos:2
reply to antdude

Re: Flash v11.3.300.265

Thanks antdude See Profile

MarkAW
Barry White
Premium
join:2001-08-27
Canada
kudos:16

2 edits

1 recommendation

reply to caffeinator

Re: Flash v11.3.300.257

said by caffeinator:

Odd, that says I have 257 using Opera (which I do), yet it also says this under versions:

quote:
Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape, Opera (and other plugin-based browsers) 11.3.300.262
Typo perhaps?

Not a typo. 11.3.300.262 was a security update for Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape, Opera (and other plugin-based browsers).
»Adobe Flash Player 11.3.300.262
»Flash Player 11.3.300.262 plug in version only

Oh and thanks antdude See Profile.

--
We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. (Hmm)
I have enemies? Good. That means I've stood up for something, sometime in my life.

DrStrange
Technically feasible
Premium
join:2001-07-23
West Hartford, CT
kudos:1

1 recommendation

Actually, 11.3.300.262 was the fix for the freezing problem with Firefox in Windows protected mode [Vista and Win7]. That's why there was no corresponding ActiveX-based version.

art22gg
Premium
join:2005-02-16
Courtenay, BC
kudos:6

1 recommendation

reply to antdude

Re: Flash v11.3.300.265

Thanks antdude....

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
join:2000-08-06
Galt's Gulch
kudos:3

1 recommendation

reply to antdude
I was worried because yesterday was "Patch Tues" and no Adobe updates.

All better now
--
Don't feed trolls--it only makes them grow!

Pentangle
With our thoughts we make the world.
Premium
join:2006-06-01
Vancouver BC
reply to antdude
Thanks antdude See Profile.

KoRnGtL15
Premium
join:2007-01-04
Grants Pass, OR

1 recommendation

reply to antdude
Release notes? Any major bug fixes?

redwolfe_98
Premium
join:2001-06-11
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

2 recommendations

Korngtl15, this is all i could find about the new adobe "flash player 11.3.300.265":

»forums.adobe.com/message/4551666 ··· #4551666

"Today, Flash Player 11.3.300.265 for Windows and Macintosh was released to address critical audio and stability issues"

the post says "see release notes" but the only "release notes" that i could find were for adobe "flash player 11.3.300.262":

»helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/rel ··· 1_3.html

"Security Enhancements: N/A"

"Fixed Issues: Users experience crashes while viewing Flash content in Firefox on Windows"

so, it appears that both of the recent "flash player 11.x" updates were "to address critical audio and stability issues".. i haven't seen anything about any new vulnerabilities being addressed with the latest "flash player 11.x" updates..

incidentally, i am using "flash player 10.3.183.20" and i am not seeing any updates for it..

gugarci
Premium
join:2004-02-25
Lyndhurst, NJ
reply to antdude
After the last fiasco with Firefox I'm a little hesitant to update since .262 is working well.;

Gino Barber

@switchvpn.com
reply to antdude
Crapdobe ended Linux support with 11.2. But that's fine, HTML-5 effectively ends the need for flash, so flash has about another year or two of life left. As for security updates, exploits through flash on Linux are pretty rare so we don't have to worry about that much.

I personally totally hate flash, and cannot wait for it to go away. I hate being forced to use it with some sites that are refusing the HTML-5 migration. Flash is closed, HTLM-5 is an open architecture consortium, so this will be a positive move.

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:18

1 recommendation

reply to antdude
Beware of Chrome, Google Toolbar, etc for all Browsers.

Grail Knight

Premium
join:2003-05-31
Valhalla
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
·Time Warner Cable
reply to gugarci
Flash videos in Fx v13.0.1 have been working fine after updating to the latest version of flash with Protected Mode enabled on Win 7 Pro 64bit. YMMV

I ran the flash uninstaller before installing the updates for IE and non-IE based browsers.
--
"Paranoia, the destroyer"

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
reply to redwolfe_98
So, everything is fixed now for Fx...crashing AND audio? I did not update to the version that caused Fx crashing (after reading here about the crashing) and the audio problems. So, I also did not update to the .262 that fixed the crashing in Fx because it did not address the audio problems.

I've been waiting for a version that fixes all the problems and I guess this must be it.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

antdude
A Matrix Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to StuartMW
said by StuartMW:

I was worried because yesterday was "Patch Tues" and no Adobe updates.

All better now

Me too! I am glad it wasn't the same day! I had enough patches for one day!
--
Ant @ »antfarm.ma.cx and »aqfl.net. Please do not IM/e-mail me for technical support. Use the forum! Disclaimer: The views expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer

antdude
A Matrix Ant
Premium,VIP
United State
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Gino Barber
said by Gino Barber :

Crapdobe ended Linux support with 11.2. But that's fine, HTML-5 effectively ends the need for flash, so flash has about another year or two of life left. As for security updates, exploits through flash on Linux are pretty rare so we don't have to worry about that much.

I personally totally hate flash, and cannot wait for it to go away. I hate being forced to use it with some sites that are refusing the HTML-5 migration. Flash is closed, HTLM-5 is an open architecture consortium, so this will be a positive move.

But they released minor build updates recently. I guess this is the end finally?
--
Ant @ »antfarm.ma.cx and »aqfl.net. Please do not IM/e-mail me for technical support. Use the forum! Disclaimer: The views expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer

kickass69

join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
reply to Mele20
Here are the release notes for this new version:

»helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/rel ··· 1_3.html

I haven't tried it yet myself to know if the audio sync issues as well as sluggishness have been resolved on my end.

Cartel
Premium
join:2006-09-13
Chilliwack, BC

1 recommendation

reply to antdude

Mele20
Premium
Hilo, HI
reply to kickass69
Thank you for the Release Notes link.

Those notes say this »bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?even ··· =3212648

audio problem in XP and Fx and Chrome has NOT been fixed. I'm not going to upgrade. I have Flash Player only on a guest virtual machine so if the older version I have somehow gets exploited I can just revert the machine to an earlier snapshot.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

jupitermoon

join:2011-09-27
reply to Mele20
said by Mele20:

So, everything is fixed now for Fx...crashing AND audio? I did not update to the version that caused Fx crashing (after reading here about the crashing) and the audio problems. So, I also did not update to the .262 that fixed the crashing in Fx because it did not address the audio problems.

I've been waiting for a version that fixes all the problems and I guess this must be it.

This might NOT be the fix you're looking for if you're still using an older version of Firefox. Firefox 3.6.28 with v.11.3.300.265 installed crashes every time I close it if Flash content was accessed. Firefox 10 ESR, 12 and 13 are fine. I don't have Firefox 4 installed or I'd test it for you.

Firefox 3.6.28 crashed with v.11.3.300.262 installed too unless you disabled Protected Mode.

Mele20
Premium
Hilo, HI
I'm using Fx 4 on my host XP machine. I only have Flash installed on the host machine on IE 6 (well, I did until I installed a version that doesn't work on IE 6 - I didn't realize that until too late) and it doesn't work now. So, when I want to play a Flash movie (not often) or do Flash speed tests, I use my virtual machine running XP that has Fx 10 ESR. I just don't want audio problems so until those are fixed completely for Fx on XP, I will just use the older version I have installed.
--

ctggzg
Premium
join:2005-02-11
USA

3 edits
reply to antdude
This new version completely freezes my Firefox 13. I reverted to 262 and the problem went away.

EDIT: Never mind, it's fine. They still haven't fixed the problem with Flash stealing focus from the Firefox window, however.

therube

join:2004-11-11
Randallstown, MD
> completely freeze my Firefox

What version FF?

trparky
Android... get back here
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:4
said by therube:

>What version FF?

Firefox version 13.

therube

join:2004-11-11
Randallstown, MD
Standard diagnostic - Firefox

Any A/V plugins plugged in to FF ?

gugarci
Premium
join:2004-02-25
Lyndhurst, NJ
reply to antdude
I'm not touching it since it does not contain any security fixes.

redwolfe_98
Premium
join:2001-06-11
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to jupitermoon
said by jupitermoon:

Firefox 3.6.28 with v.11.3.300.265 installed crashes every time I close it if Flash content was accessed.. Firefox 3.6.28 crashed with v.11.3.300.262 installed too unless you disabled Protected Mode

the system requirements for adobe flash player 11.x are IE 7-or-later and Firefox 4-or-later.. if you are using IE 6 or Firefox 3.6.28, you should use adobe flash player 10.x rather than using flash player 11.x..

antdude
A Matrix Ant
Premium,VIP
United State
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
said by redwolfe_98:

said by jupitermoon:

Firefox 3.6.28 with v.11.3.300.265 installed crashes every time I close it if Flash content was accessed.. Firefox 3.6.28 crashed with v.11.3.300.262 installed too unless you disabled Protected Mode

the system requirements for adobe flash player 11.x are IE 7-or-later and Firefox 4-or-later.. if you are using IE 6 or Firefox 3.6.28, you should use adobe flash player 10.x rather than using flash player 11.x..

Flash installer should be checking and not installing for old versions.
--