share rss forum feed

newview
Ex .. Ex .. Exactly
Premium
join:2001-10-01
Parsonsburg, MD
kudos:1

DirecTV providing FREE Encore to replace Viacom

In place of the recently lost Viacom channels DirecTV is providing FREE Encore (channels 535-542) thru July 31st.

I'll certainly enjoy commercial free movies a LOT more than Viacom drivel. I hope DirecTV drops Viacom like a hot rock.

doc4pcs

join:2001-12-21
Gladys, VA
I don't care if they drop them and would rather drop them than pay more for it. Maybe they should drop tvland and nick and replace them with MeTv and Retro.

I already have encore in my package so I wish they would give me something else or a slight offset on my bill
--
Centurylink 6meg DSL

Irish Shark
Play Like A Champion Today
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to newview
I think there were two channels that I watched. So, drop them and reduce our bill accordingly.
--
"You can observe a lot by watching". Yogi Berra

sharkyyoung
Premium
join:2012-03-15
Reno, NV
reply to doc4pcs
They need to do something for people who have all the channels! Free Encore whoopi doo no help here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

goober22
Resident Duh-Huh Member

join:2001-12-28
Panama City, FL
Reviews:
·Knology
Yea, I have Platinum pak so Encore offer useless. They'll probably offer a free PPV coupon (I have never used PPV in 4+ yrs so no thanks) or free game lounge (tried to use twice but almost fell asleep waiting for the slow crud to load).

BTW a (single) PPV coupon was my 1st anniversary gift. Whoopee. 3 months of game lounge was my 2nd. Snooze.......
--
Certified Jenius!

newview
Ex .. Ex .. Exactly
Premium
join:2001-10-01
Parsonsburg, MD
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·Comcast
said by goober22:

Yea, I have Platinum pak so Encore offer useless.

said by sharkyyoung:

They need to do something for people who have all the channels!

I've seen some comments on DBSTalk that users who have called in to complain have received a $5.00 per month discount for 3 months.
YMMV of course.

sharkyyoung
Premium
Reno, NV
reply to newview
thanks newview
I will give this a try as I have been with them for 12 years and enjoy getting them in this situation.

Drex
Beer...The other white meat.
Premium
join:2000-02-24
Not There
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to newview
said by newview:

I've seen some comments on DBSTalk that users who have called in to complain have received a $5.00 per month discount for 3 months.
YMMV of course.

There's a thread on slickdeals, where people are getting some interesting offers.
--
I'm actually not funny, I'm just really mean and people think I'm joking.

Dude111
An Awesome Dude
Premium
join:2003-08-04
USA
kudos:13
reply to doc4pcs

quote:
I don't care if they drop them and would rather drop them than pay more for it. Maybe they should drop tvland and nick and replace them with MeTv and Retro.
Indeed!!

Both are MUCH BETTER QUALITY then viacoms garbage! (TV Land has become a piece of trash)

I hear ME TV is like what TV land started out as.... (I would love seeing it (I KNOW RETRO TV IS GOOD (Better than TV land (I have watched it on TWC))))

sharkyyoung
Premium
Reno, NV
reply to newview

Re: DirecTV providing FREE Encore to replace Viacom

YMMV of course.

I called yesterday and recieved $10.00 for 3 months plus an additional $25.00 for 6 months.

unknvoip
RIP goose
Premium
join:2006-07-25
Rochester, NY
Reviews:
·ViaTalk
I got $10/mo for 2 months and the choice of 2 mo. of Showtime or 6 months of Starz (I took Starz).

BTW, I asked about NFL sunday ticket. They offered me an earlybird price of $32.99/mo for 6 months. The math works out to be a saving of $2.01 over the current price. I'll wait on that one.

sharkyyoung
Premium
Reno, NV
said by unknvoip:

I got $10/mo for 2 months and the choice of 2 mo. of Showtime or 6 months of Starz (I took Starz).

BTW, I asked about NFL sunday ticket. They offered me an earlybird price of $32.99/mo for 6 months. The math works out to be a saving of $2.01 over the current price. I'll wait on that one.

got the NFL total package 3 months ago for 179.00

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL
reply to doc4pcs
said by doc4pcs:

I don't care if they drop them and would rather drop them than pay more for it. Maybe they should drop tvland and nick and replace them with MeTv and Retro

See folks its not just DISH who had their run in with Viacom a few years ago, and likely will again next renewal if Viacom doesn't get a grip on reality by then.
--