share rss forum feed

Transmaster
Don't Blame Me I Voted For Bill and Opus

join:2001-06-20
Cheyenne, WY
reply to Simba7

Re: Dag nab it!

said by Simba7 See Profile
Depends. Imagine if a large RR company said you couldn't.. or put up laws and bills that prevent you from doing it.

That is happening with Telcos vs community broadband efforts. The large telcos are threatening efforts because it could hurt their profits in the area.

Exactly right in the west RR where given emanate domain powers. a Rancher does not. At the start of the build out of the RR in the West they made sure the agricultural interested could never build rail lines of there own. The same thing is happening today. The only entity with the power to get the so called digital highway built is the Federal Government. The only part of the Government that has experience in building such networks is the Pentagon. Especially in the West, and in particularly in the States of Colorado, Nebraska, South Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming. Because fiber is proof again electromagnetic pulse fiber was installed starting in the 1970's for command and control of defense assets.
--
I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.
- Mark Twain in Eruption

ropeguru
Premium
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA
What is electromagnetic pulse fiber? Never heard of it and cannot find info on that anywhere.

Simba7
I Void Warranties

join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT
said by ropeguru:

What is electromagnetic pulse fiber? Never heard of it and cannot find info on that anywhere.

Fiber is immune to an EMP.

ropeguru
Premium
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA
said by Simba7:

said by ropeguru:

Fiber is immune to an EMP.

I know that. Which is why I asked the question.

jdmm72

join:2002-02-12
Nitro, WV
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
Since I'm so slow, I will help you. Funny how I understood what Transmaster was trying to convey, being from hilldunk Nitro, WV and all.

Original
"Because fiber is proof again electromagnetic pulse fiber was installed starting in the 1970's for command and control of defense assets."

Modified
"Because fiber is immune to electromagnetic pulse, fiber was installed starting in the 1970's for command and control of defense assets."

There, is that better, Engrish Prophesor????