plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
kudos:3

4 recommendations

[BOINC] New version of BONIC for download

All:

Just wanted to point out that there is a new version of the BONIC software available for download. This is version 7.0.28.

To see all the downloads, visit this page
»boinc.berkeley.edu/download_all.php

--Brian
--
============================
--Brian Plencner

E-Mail: CoasterBrian72Cancer@gmail.com
Note: Kill Cancer to Reply via e-mail

Dolphin
RIP lilhurricane
Premium,MVM
join:2002-08-19
The Ocean
kudos:4
Thanks, Brian

Ray422
Premium,MVM
join:2002-03-04
Lost
kudos:12

1 recommendation

reply to plencnerb
Be advised that version is only for 64-bit systems.

plencnerb
Premium
Carpentersville, IL
Click for full size
Bonic Versions
Ray,

Not sure if you noticed, but there is both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions for download.

If you look at my attached picture, the red arrow is the 32 bit version for Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7. The green arrow is the 64 bit version for the same OS's.

--Brian
--
--Brian Plencner

Ray422
Premium,MVM
Lost
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
I musta read that with my blind eye, because I swear I thought it originally said unstable, just like the line above. I even called myself proof-reading it, before posting.

Anyway, I just installed the top version and indeed it was unstable on my machine. I even re-started my machine and still had instability. In fact, my task page never loaded after 5 full minutes. I had to revert back to 6.10.58 and lost my units. I only tried it on one machine. Maybe it's just me?
--
Things I like - Team Discovery - Quads©3.3 to 4.1ghz - Strawberry Ice cream
How's that hopey changey thingy working out for ya?

plencnerb
Premium
Carpentersville, IL
Ray,

That does make me wonder what is going on as well. I thought that maybe BONIC had a webpage coding error, but the links match what the page says.

Since you indicated that you were on 6.10.58, maybe you should try moving to 6.12.34 (the link is also on that same page), and then try moving to 7.0.28. Sometimes if the jump in version is to big, it could cause some issues.

I know in my case I went from 6.12.34 to 7.0.25 to 7.0.28 without any issues. I only saved the 64 bit version of 7.0.25, and for some reason, I don't see that on the webpage. But, I'm thinking if you upgrade to 6.12.34, and then try going to 7.0.28, you may have better luck.

--Brian
--
--Brian Plencner

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Premium,Mod
join:2003-01-11
Purple Zone
kudos:57
reply to plencnerb
Thanks for the info, Bri..

I almost exclusively d/l the WCG released version......although I do have 1 box (preparing for future GPU) on one.

Nanoprobe
Looking for cures in memory of Mom
Premium
join:2003-05-11
Crab Nebula
kudos:2
reply to plencnerb
Just an FYI. If you are going to upgrade from a 6.xx.xx version of BOINC to a 7.0.xx version I would highly you complete all your tasks first before you upgrade. If you downgrade from 7 to 6 you must complete all the tasks or they will be lost.

basher99
Premium
join:2004-02-26
Pekin, IL
As a side note to the new version... I cannot for the life of me find where the "messages" tab is... It used to be up top between transfers and stats.. but it is missing... I only ask/inform because I loaded this on an older rig and I wanted to see the benchmark results heh.

Nanoprobe
Looking for cures in memory of Mom
Premium
join:2003-05-11
Crab Nebula
kudos:2
Reviews:
·magicjack.com

As a side note to the new version... I cannot for the life of me find where the "messages" tab is... It used to be up top between transfers and stats.. but it is missing... I only ask/inform because I loaded this on an older rig and I wanted to see the benchmark results heh.

The messages tab has been moved and renamed. You'll find it under advanced>event log. IMHO they should have left it where it was.
--
A society that murders its' children is on a path of destruction. 54,000,000+ and counting since 1973.
Government is not the solution. Government is the problem. Ronald Reagan
»boincstats.com/signature/-1/user···/sig.png

marti
Color outside the lines
Premium,MVM
join:2001-12-14
Houston, TX
kudos:5
reply to plencnerb
No problems installing the 64-bit version for one machine and the 32-bit version for the others. Version is 7.0.28, which is listed as "recommended version."
--
Team Discovery

Ray422
Premium,MVM
Lost
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 recommendation

reply to plencnerb
said by plencnerb:

Ray,
Since you indicated that you were on 6.10.58, maybe you should try moving to 6.12.34 (the link is also on that same page), and then try moving to 7.0.28. Sometimes if the jump in version is to big, it could cause some issues.

--Upgraded to version 6.12.34 32bit
--Later upgraded to version 7.0.28 32bit

Running fine now.
Thanks for the tip Brian...and thanks for the upgrade.
--
Things I like - Team Discovery - Quads©3.3 to 4.1ghz - Strawberry Ice cream
How's that hopey changey thingy working out for ya?

plencnerb
Premium
Carpentersville, IL

1 recommendation

Ray,

No problem! Always glad to help out.

--Brian