Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky

join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Draiman

Re: Garage addition

Just got a call from the GC. The foundation was budgeted for $14,000 and the quote the GC got on the new foundation was $35,000. Needless to say he wasn't going to eat the difference and knew I wasn't so he questioned it. The structural engineer misunderstood the job. He thought we were pulling down the existing foundation when all we're doing is added to it. The difference is 27' wide vs. 11' wide. His foundation was slated to hold 27' worth of earth and all it needed to do is hold 11' of earth. The structural engineer is redoing it and will have new drawings stamped by Monday. Another week delay. The GC also said they are going to build the new foundation and fill it before they demo the existing garage just to be safe so it won't be demo'ed for 2-3 weeks. Though I'll lose use of the garage much sooner because they need to dig the footings in front of it since it's being enlarged from 20' to 28' deep. Lucky for me the city doesn't care about the foundation as long as it's stamped so we should be good to go once the engineer gets on the same page.