spc
uniqs

ouya
@shawcable.net

ouya to LiveInVan

Anon

to LiveInVan

Re: [ALL] Explosion at Shaw Court knocks out most of Shaw servic

i am sorry for the people that got hurt, i hope nothing happen to them.

should not shaw test, maintain their backup generators or something. how can this happen to such a big provider... typical
ravenchilde
join:2011-04-01

ravenchilde

said by ouya :

should not shaw test, maintain their backup generators or something. how can this happen to such a big provider... typical

Some news outlets are reporting that a backup generator exploded. When your redundancies EXPLODE (an unexpected disaster some might say) it's not really something you can predict. Even space shuttles have exploded off the pad, and nobody takes redundancy as seriously as NASA. You can't prepare for or create redundancies for everything. I think for the amount of years they have successfully delivered services out of Shaw Court you can't be too upset about one bad occurrence. You can rest assured that a lot of Shaw staff will be sleepless ensuring that everything is being restored.

Also: Very glad no Shaw staffers were injured.

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

Thane_Bitter

Premium Member

said by ravenchilde:

Some news outlets are reporting that a backup generator exploded.

If that is indeed the source of the problem it will be interesting to find out why it exploded and which part of it failed in such a spectacular fashion.
15444104 (banned)
join:2012-06-11

15444104 (banned)

I'm also surprised at the focus on the downtime as a result of this accident from folks here.

Accidents DO happen and NOTHING is perfect, it seems like their reliability is generally very good.

Like others have mentioned I hope that no one is seriously injured and if they are I wish for them a quick recovery.