All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
ConstantineM
join:2011-09-02
San Jose, CA

ConstantineM

why are they still investing in old copper instead of fibre?

A 775$ subsidy per line for DSL?

Whereas the whole cost of an aerial fibre network is 500$ per house?

Yes, sounds like a good way to spend the federal money! When will these people finally put a stop on wasteful spending, and will approve of plans that actually benefit the consumers and the taxpayers?
UncleDave
join:2009-01-08
Florissant, CO

UncleDave

I understand that in Maine, cooperation is being worked out between the utilities to share the poles to help with Fiber.

Also the TVA basically wired the country for Electrical Power. It was done.

I live just west of Pikes Peak, CO. I was promised Connection in 6 months, so the service was bought out. Now two years later I am promised 7 months.
jpgr
WAR
join:2011-08-18
Clyde, OH

jpgr to ConstantineM

to ConstantineM
I for one lived with satelite internet cause Verizon did not want to invest . Thank God Frontier bought our lines I live 3.2 miles away from the CO and I love not getting a cap of just 19gb and 999ms know it's 34ms and unlimited gb . If I want to buy a game online I do I let it dnl while I sleep . If I want to watch netflix I do with no problem with just 1.5 mbs . Online gaming is alot more fun with people around the world then just single players .

And about this government welfare check you say...... pffff . The 92,000 residents who's getting the upgrade already payed there due's . There tax payers too people! Not some Ceo bank manager getting baileout an Giving bonuses cause they screwed there books all up !
jdmm72
join:2002-02-12
Cary, NC

jdmm72

And the problem with America today, "I done did pay my dues, now gimme, gimme, gimme."
jpgr
WAR
join:2011-08-18
Clyde, OH

jpgr

Your right look around what you get!
patcat88
join:2002-04-05
Jamaica, NY

patcat88 to ConstantineM

to ConstantineM
said by ConstantineM:

A 775$ subsidy per line for DSL?

Whereas the whole cost of an aerial fibre network is 500$ per house?

Yes, sounds like a good way to spend the federal money! When will these people finally put a stop on wasteful spending, and will approve of plans that actually benefit the consumers and the taxpayers?

Frontier is simply charging their retail labor price to the govt. An ILEC craftsman/blue collar is $120 per hour, you need 2 in each truck. Even assuming $30 per hour cash pay, and $30 in payroll taxes and benefits, thats only $60 per hour. The other $60 are Frontier's dividends. Engineering is $200 per hour. The phone and cable networks were never built over the 20th century using the "retail" price of labor, they were built using in the internal price.