fiberguy
My views are my own.
Premium
join:2005-05-20
kudos:3
reply to JasonOD

Re: Alleluia!

said by JasonOD :

After years of stockholders and analysts practically begging them to monetize/annuitize the bandwidth demand curve and that cutting off or forcing heavy residential users into inappropriate business class services is a bad idea, it begins..........

Do you just complain and rant just to complain and rant? "into inappropriate business class service.." what's so inappropriate about it? I have both residential AND business class and I don't see an issue. I have business class because I run a business and I use the tools that come with BC. However, under this plan, as a "heavy user" I would actually pay FAR LESS on BC than with residential. My BC service costs me $69 a month and that includes the static IP and no cap.

So, want some cheese with that wine?

Now back to reality.. people want "fair" from comcast. The fact is that MOST people still do use FAR less than the current 250gb hard cap as it's set. Comcast has now increased it to 300gb AND their overage price is only $10 per *50* gig of data. Many providers are $10 per gig in overage. AND, Comcast has said that the first 3 overages in a 12 month period are not charged.

So what's with the dramatics?? You still holding out for that top speed wide-band internet with an all you can eat date for $14.95? .. keep dreaming. I will stand with anyone where they're being un-reasonable, but I think that this plan, if one were to be instituted, is still by far the most fair plan of all carriers with overage plans.

Unlimited internet is gone.. no matter what people want, it's gone. I too would love truly unlimited internet but you have to face it that there is no RIGHT to it and no government is going to ever legislate it.. be it pubs or dems.. it will never happen.

The ONLY thing about a business class account that would be hard for a residential user to accept is that it comes with a term agreement and no ETF. eg, if you have 6 months left and cancel, you're responsible to pay to term.

Tsume
Premium
join:2004-02-23
Johnson City, TN
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by fiberguy:

My BC service costs me $69 a month and that includes the static IP and no cap.

Lucky you. Most people can't get that kind of deal.

That said, this is the most reasonable cap & overage model I have seen out of any ISP yet.
--
to whoever anonymously gave me premium membership... thanks!

fiberguy
My views are my own.
Premium
join:2005-05-20
kudos:3

Click for full size
Ummmmmm.. that's the going rate nationwide for Comcast business class. I have that in CA, MN, and IL right now.. all businesses.. Depending on the contract you can get it cheaper. One business I signed in at $39.99 per month as I took a 3 year agreement knowing that it was going to stay. Again, it's a REAL contract so you're in it for the term - not an ETF deal. Business class CAN be negotiated.

»business.comcast.com/smb/service···et/plans

For the record, attached is my speed test from testmy.net using a large file. While I have starter, this is about the norm for me.

Tsume
Premium
join:2004-02-23
Johnson City, TN
Reviews:
·Comcast

No DOCSIS 3 here. Residential internet without cable starts at 66.99/mo for 6mbps (12 powerboost). The 59.99 price might work for a 3 year contract here, though. Definitely not getting anything faster than 6mbps for that price in my market.

I do stand corrected that most users don't get that kind of deal. The last time I called, it was 100 dollars. I didn't check their website.

--
to whoever anonymously gave me premium membership... thanks!

Thespis
I'm not an actor, but I play one on TV.
Premium
join:2004-08-03
Keller, TX
reply to fiberguy

said by fiberguy:

Unlimited internet is gone.. no matter what people want, it's gone.

Not quite gone yet...
--
Fast. Cheap. Safe.
Pick two...