Just Rachel
occasional optimist
Premium Member
join:2003-07-10

Just Rachel to Finn532

Premium Member

to Finn532

Re: [HN7000S] Some pages loading extremely slowly or not at all

I think the signal reads differently on this modem. This is how it's always been with no issues. Thanks.

Anyone else? Please don't make me call them if it's not necessary.
sharkyyoung
Premium Member
join:2012-03-15
Reno, NV

sharkyyoung

Premium Member

Just Rachel
Your signal of 82 is really good for a 7000 as many people on 7000 systems are having problems right now. Does this happen in the heat of the day and if so what are the tempertures? This may be a sign of the transmitter going bad as this happened to me a few years ago.
janedeaux
join:2012-02-15
Yazoo City, MS

janedeaux to Just Rachel

to Just Rachel
Rachel I have "spoken to you many times on worldstart (using a different name).

I also got my dish around 2002, and had to replace it last year. The installer couldn't believe I'd gotten that long a use of it, so that might be your problem too.

If at all possible, try to stumble along until Gen4 is available, which should only be 2 months, hopefully. I'd hate to see you replace your equip. now and then maybe again in a few months.

Do you have cell service where you live? You could get a Mi-Fi and connect to the internet through a cell tower until gen4 is available. My cell provider offers the mi-fi free with a 2 yr. contract of 20.00/mo. It will also connect your ipad, laptop, etc. in the car.

Just Rachel
occasional optimist
Premium Member
join:2003-07-10

Just Rachel to sharkyyoung

Premium Member

to sharkyyoung
said by sharkyyoung:

Just Rachel
Your signal of 82 is really good for a 7000 as many people on 7000 systems are having problems right now. Does this happen in the heat of the day and if so what are the tempertures? This may be a sign of the transmitter going bad as this happened to me a few years ago.

Thanks for responding! I initially thought it might be the heat showing equipment problems, and, posted something about that. I edited it when it started happening during cooler periods of the day. I am believing that it might be complete equipment failure.
Just Rachel

Just Rachel to janedeaux

Premium Member

to janedeaux
said by janedeaux:

Rachel I have "spoken to you many times on worldstart (using a different name).

I also got my dish around 2002, and had to replace it last year. The installer couldn't believe I'd gotten that long a use of it, so that might be your problem too.

If at all possible, try to stumble along until Gen4 is available, which should only be 2 months, hopefully. I'd hate to see you replace your equip. now and then maybe again in a few months.

Do you have cell service where you live? You could get a Mi-Fi and connect to the internet through a cell tower until gen4 is available. My cell provider offers the mi-fi free with a 2 yr. contract of 20.00/mo. It will also connect your ipad, laptop, etc. in the car.

Thanks so much for your suggestions! I do know you.

I will try to stick it out and watch the board for updates. My cellular provider does offer internet service, but, it would lock me into a contract which I don't want and is not as as generous as Hughes.

The ups and downs of living in the sticks. *sigh
janedeaux
join:2012-02-15
Yazoo City, MS

janedeaux

Rachel, a Mi-Fi is not internet service. It is a little device about the size of a credit card that you can put in your purse, pocket or on a desk that will connect any(?) wireless/bluetooth device to a cell tower. I'll bet your cell carrier provides them. In your case, it would be something to get you by until G4 is available, if your modem dies before then.