tsduke
Premium Member
join:2006-03-04
Waterloo, IA

tsduke to burner50

Premium Member

to burner50

Re: [IA] moving and MC is trying to charge friend disconnect fee

Because it's the right and ethical thing to do, but we all know that's not how Mediacom does business.

ZC_217
join:2010-02-07
Des Moines, IA

ZC_217

This is no different than a cell company's ETF. You enter into an agreement with the company to buy service for a period of time. If you break that agreement before the it jas matured then you are charged an ETF.

Mediacom is simply holding the customer to the agreement that they agreed to. If Mediacom disconnected the service early then there would be a valid argument for not having to pay the ETF.

tsduke
Premium Member
join:2006-03-04
Waterloo, IA

tsduke

Premium Member

I've seen USCC let people out for moving. Of course they will terminate you anyway if you roam to much.

burner50
Proud Union THUG
Premium Member
join:2002-06-05
Iowa

burner50 to tsduke

Premium Member

to tsduke
said by tsduke:

Because it's the right and ethical thing to do, but we all know that's not how Mediacom does business.

That's neither here, nor there.

I was speaking to the legal aspect... we all know Mediacom is evil... I can attest to the fact. I remember knockout dragout screaming arguments between myself and management officials about their first "home networking" product and it being required to have their old "Max" internet speeds... Along with the $150 installation fee...

One of the main reasons I was happy to separate myself from them in 2007.