spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

StevieB1

@tycoelectronics.net

[HD] Central PA - Harrisburg City / Suburban Systems

While it seemed like we were somewhat on the leading edge of most of the common HD adds (at least in the suburbs), it has been quite a long time since we have had any adds and have heard nothing for a long time. Anyone know what the gameplan is for adding channels in the 1000's and adding missing HDs like on the Philly system? In particular, I've been waiting forever for BBC
America HD.

Os

join:2011-01-26
US
Reviews:
·Comcast
The former Adelphia systems have been the only ones seeing HD's in the 1000's, down in York/Hanover/Gettysburg.

It seems they're more worried about removing all the HD premium movie channels in Philadelphia before getting the new HD channels on the rest of the systems.

ckdecay

@comcast.net
reply to StevieB1
I think Comcast is finally using the bandwidth reclaimed by the second analog channel cuts. To wit:

Blast and Extreme 50 internet services have doubled in speed (25-50 MBPS, 50-105 MPBS)

Channels added:
806: NBCBSK
809: NBCSOC
981: NBCOL3D

It unclear if these adds are just for the Olympics, but if you've got the bandwidth, use it!

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
just olympics.
I'd like to see more hd channels here. I'm in the pittsburgh area and it was 2011 when I last saw a new hd channel or any channel besided the aformentioned olympic channels.