uniqs

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain to Caelharrad

to Caelharrad

Re: So what did you do yesterday?

What a waste of materials and a bad move in shaping the thought process of a new player. ilvl ballooning with pvp gear is barely acceptable to do as a dps but for a tank/healer is unacceptable!

personally, the first thing i do when going into regular cata heroics is scan every players gear. if they have more than 2 pvp pieces equipped, i kick them at the first opportunity. oh yes i watch meters too and they are at the bottom.

good thing you run in a small family group because i'd be pretty pissed to get a tank with shit gear, stam stacking like a boss and a couple of hunters who just tunnel vision "shoot that monster."

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

There's a huge difference between ilvl ballooning for LFR/LFD and replacing 318 quest gear with 377 PVP gear for running with your buddies/family.

That said, Mists is finally unscrewing that deal. PVP gear in mists in PVE? Not a problem (sans a probable lack of capped stats like hit). The PVP stats have zero stat budget, so the PVE stats will be commensurate with its lower item level.

Why it hasn't been like that this entire time is beyond me.

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain

I did read about the resil feasibility in PvE during Mists as almost a baseline stat however that's not the case right now. So, on the sporadic occasion i queue up in the looking for derp or looking for retards, i will be watching gear like a hawk and booting baddies abruptly.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by mettachain:

So, on the sporadic occasion i queue up in the looking for derp or looking for retards, i will be watching gear like a hawk and booting baddies abruptly.

skilled players can make pvp gear work. pvp gear dps'rs are fine for 5mans (yes, HOT included). Tank? tricky... depends on the healer. If the healer says the tank is too squishy, then boot. Healer? not without superior dps making the fights stupid short.

Caelharrad
join:2012-04-13
Fenton, MO

Caelharrad to mettachain

to mettachain
said by mettachain:

What a waste of materials and a bad move in shaping the thought process of a new player. ilvl ballooning with pvp gear is barely acceptable to do as a dps but for a tank/healer is unacceptable!

Jesus Christ. Thanks for the scolding, Gramps. Consider me chastened. I'll never do it again. Promise. Scout's honor. Next time I need a lesson in "How to play WoW" (which is not what this topic is for, by the way), I'll make sure to consult with you.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

don't let him get to you. I've seen too many of his type harrass the group demanding someone get kicked... only to rage quit... and then see everyone in party express relief, and move on killing mobs and collecting loot. He's better off sticking to his own kind.

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain to Caelharrad

to Caelharrad
Please don't consult with me. There's a certain (which doesn't appear to be going away) for MMORPGs for beginners.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain to mettachain

to mettachain
I fully see your point here, but 2 pieces of PvP gear is a pretty low threshold.

Like nick said, replacing ilvl318 stuff with 377 stuff is a massive upgrade, regardless of whether the 377 is PvP oriented or not.

I just don't really get this type of attitude. I'm not persecuting you for it, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But if you're so anti-bads why are you queueing for regular Cata heroic randoms anyway? Wouldn't you expect lesser skilled, lesser geared players to be there anyway?

And who really cares if someone is at the bottom of the meter in a regular Cata heroic? Most people could probably perform at an acceptable level to clear the place with half their gear on.

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain

said by Immer:

said by mettachain:

So, on the sporadic occasion i queue up in the looking for derp or looking for retards, i will be watching gear like a hawk and booting baddies abruptly.

skilled players can make pvp gear work. pvp gear dps'rs are fine for 5mans (yes, HOT included). Tank? tricky... depends on the healer. If the healer says the tank is too squishy, then boot. Healer? not without superior dps making the fights stupid short.

I did say sporadic. There are times when I feel compassionate enough where I would queue up for a reg cata heroic to grace the new 85s with my presence and have them gawk at my leetness. But that feeling goes away pretty quickly I must say.

Rhenai
join:2010-09-07
Pensacola, FL

Rhenai

I did say sporadic. There are times when I feel compassionate enough where I would queue up for a reg cata heroic to grace the new 85s with my presence and have them gawk at my leetness. But that feeling goes away pretty quickly I must say.

And that's when he woke up.

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain

Truthfully, I'm just phishing...I'm learning what words and arguements to make in order bring lurkers onto the forums, kind of like you rhenai.

Rhenai
Pensacola, FL

Rhenai

I don't lurk, I post enough.

Just could not resist the comment on yours though.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain to mettachain

to mettachain
said by mettachain:

have them gawk at my leetness. But that feeling goes away pretty quickly I must say.

I could probably say the same thing about my ilvl400+ Priest that has about 14 pieces of Cataclysmic Gladiator gear and 10 or so pieces of heroic DS crap that I have played for exactly 1 hour since March.

But being an arrogant prick and looking down my nose at people doesn't do too much for my self-esteem.

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain to Rhenai

to Rhenai
hook, line, and sinker
mettachain

mettachain to McBrain

to McBrain
said by McBrain:

But being an arrogant prick and looking down my nose at people doesn't do too much for my self-esteem.

but with this xpac becoming stale, how else are you supposed to get any entertainment value from the game?

I guess that's what this entire is about. "what did you do yesterday."

I've derailed this topic enough. back on subject....

jumped on my 53 worgen druid and used Running Wild for approx 10 mins straight. i still get such a kick out of that ability.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain

I came home, played with the kid, watched about 12 and a half minutes of Rambo 3 and fell asleep at or around 9 p.m.

I'm old.
McBrain

McBrain to Rhenai

to Rhenai
I thought of you specifically when I made a post in the D3 Barbarian thread earlier today, Rhenai.

And I mean this as light-hearted as humanly possible.
said by McBrain:

Dual Wield whirlwind crit spec with +50% crit chance, +350% crit damage, 1k Resist All Elements, 6.5k+ Armor, and 12% Lifesteal would Really Annihilate People Easily.

Vinceruos_t
join:2012-05-04

Vinceruos_t to mettachain

to mettachain
I healed 4/8 heroic DS on my newly 85 shaman in full ruthless gear. Come at me bro :P

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain to McBrain

to McBrain
said by McBrain:

I thought of you specifically when I made a post in the D3 Barbarian thread earlier today, Rhenai.

And I mean this as light-hearted as humanly possible.

said by McBrain:

Dual Wield whirlwind crit spec with +50% crit chance, +350% crit damage, 1k Resist All Elements, 6.5k+ Armor, and 12% Lifesteal would Really Annihilate People Easily.

oh snap. can of worms exploded!

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain to Vinceruos_t

to Vinceruos_t
The 60 minutes that I played my Priest came on Monday night. I did 2 random BGs...I tried to kill an average geared Prot Paladin who was being shadowed by an average geared Resto Shaman.

Yeah, that wasn't happening.

Maybe I should stop dicking around with Agility gear on my Shaman and collect more stuff with Int/Spirit.

Rhenai
Pensacola, FL

Rhenai to mettachain

to mettachain

It's all good, point was made

No worms exploding

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain to McBrain

to McBrain
a decent resto shaman with 0 resil will take on at least 3 opponents before having to worry about death.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain

Yeah there aren't enough tools in my sPriest toolbox to control both a Resto Shaman and a Prot Paladin enough to kill even one of the two.

The power of the spec really shines when the target player is at about 60% health and full DoTs are rolling. A couple ticks and they are down to 35-40%. First activate Archangel, follow that with Mind Spike x3, an instant crit Mind Blast, and finish them off with a double SW:D. Mucho burst normally leads to unpreventable death. Stupid Mages/Paladins/Rogues can temporarily escape their demise though...until I Mass Dispel or Fear them out of their counter and force them to meet their shadowy end.

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain

Spriests popping out from behind a pillar in Nagrand Arena thinking "Yay, I can Mass Dispell that!" = their death.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain

Glyph of Mass Dispel + shit tons of Haste = .2 sec cast time.

Of course you pop out from beind the pillar and still get pwned sometimes, but its about 84 bazillion times better than a 1.6s cast time.

Venom14
join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA

Venom14 to Vinceruos_t

to Vinceruos_t
said by Vinceruos_t:

I healed 4/8 heroic DS on my newly 85 shaman in full ruthless gear. Come at me bro :P

i would but my back hurts just thinking about it... I'm sure the other healers feel the same

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain to Vinceruos_t

to Vinceruos_t
said by Vinceruos_t:

That's just retarded and like another poster said, I'm sure the other healers felt that as well.

Approach me in an agressive manner male sibling!

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9 to mettachain

Premium Member

to mettachain
At least 3 people that don't know what they're doing sure.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to mettachain

Premium Member

to mettachain
Saterday night I killed rag in FL25
only wipes were on rag all other bosses were one shot.

And while I had killed all the others once before I had only wiped on rag before (btw only the 2nd time I'v ebeen in a raid that got to rag)

Friday I killed DW in 10DS

over all I liked the rag fight better, more fun, more rewarding.
DW the mech was easy all. Rag took a little time to get a good grip on doing the mech but by the end I had it down on positioning for the hammer smashes. And as its a run that happens every saterday I talked to teh RL after and got on the list for embers after 1-2 people. So I might actually get to make the staff YAY.

Spine went smoothly (first kill of DS10 spine for me) the group had a good strat worked out (much better than my guild, guess after I get the guild rep achev I might see about changing but that guild normaly doesn't raid on friday nights so that might not work) also I got the tier helm (so i could drop the RF tier legs for crafted and still have my 4pc) also did morch on heroic (went very well but nothing for me dropped) would have done Ultra on heroic (did a few wipes and we went to 7 HoT's and ice block wasn't back up so we opted we just didn't have the DPS in the run, we did the mechs all properly just didn't get enough DPS to kill befor the 7th (I blame myself I was the lowest DPS other than the tanks, might have been a slight lag or something anyway my ilvl has gone up since then so maybe next week if timing is good for me to run with them)

so last couple weeks I got the following
Tier hands from BH
Tier Head from DS10
Tier chest from guild's DS10 the week before
Reg Cuning of the cruel
Crafted legs
found a site thats improved my reforging (hit is now at exacly 17.00, and haste at 2006, yes I know with the tier bonus I could go lower but I don't like relying on procs and sometimes I don't have the 5% raid buff)

so last week was fairly busy considering I only get on for dailies and LFR on work nights normally.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9 to Vinceruos_t

Premium Member

to Vinceruos_t
Finally got H Spine down on my alt. Time for H Madness!