spc
uniqs

MeatChicken
join:2007-08-15
Paramus, NJ

MeatChicken to sillyshydq

to sillyshydq

Re: [DVR] buying from ebay

Someone once posted somewhere that they "got" either their cable co or Fios installer ( I forget), to "call in & add" a ser # from a box bought off ebay.
The only thing was, that once the box was on their account, they were billed the monthly box fee for it being active, & there was no way around that...
So, perhaps someone "could" possibly get an ebay box to "work", but there would be no economic sense to try ....

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600

said by MeatChicken:

Someone once posted somewhere that they "got" either their cable co or Fios installer ( I forget), to "call in & add" a ser # from a box bought off ebay.
The only thing was, that once the box was on their account, they were billed the monthly box fee for it being active, & there was no way around that...
So, perhaps someone "could" possibly get an ebay box to "work", but there would be no economic sense to try ....

Correct, although I think Verizon refuses to activate them. I think that was another cable co. maybe Comcast. But you still have to pay the full amount, it's 100% pointless to buy them from Ebay. I was at a local park last year and saw a FIOS STB discarded there, and laughed and just left it there.