All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
09129800 (banned)
join:2012-06-27
New York, NY

09129800 (banned) to somms

to somms

Re: The greedy incumbents should be worried...

Yeah, but you have to be surrounded by pasty white polygamists who believe in magic underwear.

And doesn't UTOPIA still have bandwidth caps? According to XMission it does:
»www.xmission.com/utopia

I think I'll stick with my uncapped Time Warner 50/5 Mbps connection. The upload speed might be terrible... but even at 5 Mbps I can STILL upload more data in one month than you are allowed to use on your "amazing" fiber connection!

You can download over 15 TB and upload over 1.5 TB in a month on a 50/5 Mbps connection. What the hell are you going to do with a 1 Gbps connection with a 1 TB cap? I'll take the uncapped 50 Mbps connection which allows 15x as much data transfer, thank you very much.

When Time Warner officially jumps on the bandwidth capping greed train and makes caps mandatory for all of their subscribers, then I'll agree that your fiber is better. Until then, you've been sold a Ferrari that you're only allowed to drive for 5 miles each month.

somms
join:2003-07-28
Centerville, UT

somms

said by 09129800:

Yeah, but you have to be surrounded by pasty white polygamists who believe in magic underwear.

And doesn't UTOPIA still have bandwidth caps? According to XMission it does:
»www.xmission.com/utopia

I think I'll stick with my uncapped Time Warner 50/5 Mbps connection. The upload speed might be terrible... but even at 5 Mbps I can STILL upload more data in one month than you are allowed to use on your "amazing" fiber connection!

You can download over 15 TB and upload over 1.5 TB in a month on a 50/5 Mbps connection. What the hell are you going to do with a 1 Gbps connection with a 1 TB cap? I'll take the uncapped 50 Mbps connection which allows 15x as much data transfer, thank you very much.

Yeah, about those 'soft' caps...not really an issue here but I haven't strayed into the 1.5TB area yet...

Not sure about the magic undies...maybe they are edible!?
09129800 (banned)
New York, NY

09129800 (banned)

Something tells me your fiber optic ISP would not be pleased with me.

I've transferred more data in 8 months over copper than your fiber ISP would let you transfer in 4 1/2 years.
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman

Premium Member

Who is your generous tolerant ISP?
09129800 (banned)
New York, NY

09129800 (banned)

Time Warner Cable.

Dragasoni
We're All Mad Here
Premium Member
join:2001-12-14
Palm Bay, FL

Dragasoni to 09129800

Premium Member

to 09129800
Click for full size
What are doing that consumes so much bandwidth? I'm not trying to come off as a troll, I'm just curious.

I do quite a bit of Netflix and audio streaming, but I don't come anywhere near your usage.

-Dragasoni-
jeffreydean1
join:2010-05-31

jeffreydean1

Seriously. I have 2 kids and a spouse that use netflix constantly (often at the same time), I download music and games very often, and have over 300 games on Steam and I've NEVER used more than maybe 1 terabyte a month. I can't imagine what you must do to get over 7tb consistently. Thats just crazy...