Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to decx

Re: Bell to Teksavvy Home Phone...

said by decx:

said by JCohen:

Yes that's exactly what's happening, Bell is limiting the number of phone numbers that TekSavvy is allowed to port per month.

I'm not sure that's even the case. The stop sell has been in place for about 2 months now.

That what I remember reading from what a TSI rep posted on here a while back.

decx
Premium
join:2002-06-07
Vancouver, BC
True, but that was two months ago and Bell have yet to start doing transfers again.

eots

join:2003-02-04

1 edit
That's blatantly anti-competitive behavior from Bell so why doesn't TSI file a formal complaint with the Competition Bureau? Any time I tried to file a complaint with them about Bell I was told it had to be the service provider filing the complaint.

I too was considering switching my Bell phone service to TSI when my bill went up last month. I believe this Bell limitation is directly related to Bell increasing the rates and it's their attempt prevent a mass exit of customers who want to keep their phone number.

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5
said by eots:

That's blatantly anti-competitive behavior from Bell so why doesn't TSI file a formal complaint with the Competition Bureau? Any time I tried to file a complaint with them about Bell I was told it had to be the service provider filing the complaint.

I too was considering switching my Bell phone service to TSI when my bill went up last month. I believe this Bell limitation is directly related to Bell increasing the rates and it's their attempt prevent a mass exit of customers who want to keep their phone number.

TekSavvy's landline service is simply a resale service Bell offers, there's no tariff or regulation and therefore Bell can do whatever they want with it.