dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
hordac44
join:2012-07-08

hordac44

Acanac connection unreliable for past 2months(Woodbridge,ON)

I joined Acanac in January 2012, and the speeds and reliability were amazing. Near the end of May, that all ended.

I'm using Acanac's 28Mbps Cable Internet service with a Thompson DCM745 Cable Modem (purchased from Acanac)

Starting the end of May, I've been consistently getting network outages on a weekly basis, usually between the times of 5pm - 10pm. Sometimes, outages would last for over 24 hours. These past 2 weeks, I've seen more outages (3 so far since 4 days ago), and it is just getting ridiculous.

I've created over 3 support cases since May to complain about the issue, but they usually don't get responded to and since my internet comes back up, I just ignore the lack of response.

I've recently got so fed up with the service, I sent a long detailed email regarding my problems to cablesupport@acanac.com & feedback@acanac.com. It's been 4 business days and I've yet to hear a response.

Lynn on these forums is probably the most help I've received from acanac (kudos Lynn), but she'll be on vacation for the next week, so I'll have to see if anyone else from Acanac picks up the ball. (Have a nice vacation Lynn)

Has anyone else had unreliable cable internet service in the Woodbridge, Ontario area?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Lynn0
Premium Member
join:2011-08-11
Trenton, ON

Lynn0

Premium Member

Hi hordac44. i know they had a few issues with service in your area but those issues are supposed to be fixed now. Has this issue been resolved for you?
hordac44
join:2012-07-08

hordac44

Thanks for following up Lynn. I've since been able to reach someone from acanac cable support who confirmed the same info as you have. They also sent me a new cable modem for me to test and my cable connection has been stable since installing the Huawei modem (5days ago). My connection would drop every other day with the older Thompson modem so 5 days is considered a record these days. I'll be monitoring the connection for the next few weeks before closing the ticket.

Again thx for your help Lynn.
Lynn0
Premium Member
join:2011-08-11
Trenton, ON

Lynn0

Premium Member

Thank you for your response. Yes the Huawei is a much better modem for your service. What you can also do is send an email to billing@acanac.com and ask for compensation for down time. I am sure they will help you out with that.