uniqs

joako
Premium Member
join:2000-09-07
/dev/null

joako

Premium Member

Usage Meter

I thought the usage meter was already implemeted for ADSL accounts? I just logged into the myusage.att.com and it still shows there is no data, is this the correct site?

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by joako:

I thought the usage meter was already implemeted for ADSL accounts? I just logged into the myusage.att.com and it still shows there is no data, is this the correct site?

Is this for a business account? Unless things have very recently changed, business accounts are not capped.
treyatl2006
join:2012-01-26
Atlanta, GA

treyatl2006 to joako

to joako
I have a residential account and it doesnt show for me either.

DataRiker
Premium Member
join:2002-05-19

DataRiker to NetFixer

Premium Member

to NetFixer
We have business DSL users on this site who get nasty grams for going over 150 GB.

One I noticed today: ( down about four posts )

»First Capped Month - Way Over the Limit

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by DataRiker:

We have business DSL users on this site who get nasty grams for going over 150 GB.

One I noticed today: ( down about four posts )

»First Capped Month - Way Over the Limit

I overlooked that one, thanks for the link.

With many businesses where a bookkeeper (or the accounts payable department) just pays all bills with no questions asked, this could happen and nobody at the company would know about it. I know for a fact (I have run into this with multiple clients) that if you have a web hosting account, or an ISP account with them that is billed through the telephone bill, or done using autopay with a credit card, it is a common practice for them to continue collecting the monthly fees long after the account was migrated to another provider (this will continue indefinitely, or until the credit card expires).

With AT&T, nothing surprises me anymore. Their "Rethink Possible" mantra is quite apropos for their business practices.

joako
Premium Member
join:2000-09-07
/dev/null

joako to NetFixer

Premium Member

to NetFixer
said by NetFixer:

said by joako:

Is this for a business account? Unless things have very recently changed, business accounts are not capped.

Residential account.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by joako:

said by NetFixer:

Residential account.

OK, I just seemed to recall that you sometimes made posts for commercial accounts. However, it does appear that AT&T is starting to dip a bit deeper into their SOHO/SMB customer's pockets too with overage charges.

I suspect that the answer to your original question is just that AT&T doesn't care enough about their customers to keep the usage meter/chart operational (I seem to recall that it was more of a chart than a meter when I looked at it shortly before giving AT&T the boot last year).
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman to joako

Premium Member

to joako
I have no usage meter either. I suspect AT&T, in some areas without Uverse, has decided to compete with the local cable company by not using a data cap. They cannot compete on speed of download or upload, so they leave off the cap. They will not lower the monthly DSL charges to compete, so they leave off the cap instead. That is great. It probably is more profitable to not implement the DSL cap than to deal with the administrative costs of charging overages. The AT&T DSL cap is way too low for today's usage patterns considering the amount of overhead transport, addressing, and routing data in traditional DSL. 150GB should have been 450GB or more.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

1 recommendation

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by davidhoffman:

I have no usage meter either. I suspect AT&T, in some areas without Uverse, has decided to compete with the local cable company by not using a data cap. They cannot compete on speed of download or upload, so they leave off the cap. They will not lower the monthly DSL charges to compete, so they leave off the cap instead...

Or perhaps not?
»AT&T Threatening Overages Without Providing Meters? [54] comments

AT&T...Rethink Possible!