spc
uniqs

OldCableGuy
@planetcr.net

OldCableGuy to GLIMMER

Anon

to GLIMMER

Re: [Cable TV] $10.00 MC EMTA charge

Why would a customer want to rent to own a modem? What good is a modem when you cancel or switch to DSL? You've not thought this through well.

GASP Dish and DirecTV give you refurbished boxes as well.

tsduke
Premium Member
join:2006-03-04
Waterloo, IA

tsduke

Premium Member

More often than not, new customers get new boxes with Directv. There are ways to get new form 3rd parties as well.

Juneau
@sbcglobal.net

Juneau

Anon

I got used equipment when I tried Directv. Don't know if that is common or not but that's what happened to me.
GLIMMER
join:2004-01-17
Fisher, IL

GLIMMER to OldCableGuy

to OldCableGuy
Every dtv box I've ever got is new. As for dsl thats not an option sometimes because let's face it mediacom services small towns and frontier can't compete atleast in this market.

OldCableGuy
@planetcr.net

OldCableGuy to Juneau

Anon

to Juneau
Just because it's in a sealed box doesn't mean it's new. My "new" Dish network box had another families DVR recordings on it.

I guess Mediacom just needs to invest in a shrink wrapper and you'd all be happy.

tsduke
Premium Member
join:2006-03-04
Waterloo, IA

tsduke

Premium Member

Not sure where the shrink wrap reference is from, but no shrink wrap on mine and I will guarantee mine were new in box receivers. Directv's refurbs have new serial# refurb stickers on them. Also the outlet I get mine from only carries new.

Doesn't matter much to me though. Even the refurbs are better than any cable box. I order mine from outside Directv just so I can get the model I want.