join:2003-01-05
Canada

Toastertech

Premium Member

Man stabbed over World of Warcraft

»cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Wei ··· 551.html

Man stabbed over video game
By Galen Eagle, QMI Agency

PETERBOROUGH, Ont. — A man enraged over the online videogame World of Warcraft allegedly stabbed a neighbour in the chest sending him to hospital.

“I was sitting in my house today thinking ‘should I be dead or shouldn’t I?’” said Jordan Osborne, 20, on Thursday, who was hospitalized with a stab wound to his sternum. “And it’s all over a World of Warcraft game.”

Osborne alleges he was stabbed when he went to his neighbour's Peterborough, Ont., apartment on Wednesday after hearing an argument.

“I was telling him, there is no need for you to be freaking out about World of Warcraft. It’s just a game,” Osborne said, while his neighbour fought with a friend who was visiting and some other players over his headset. “He said, ‘It’s not just a game, it’s my life.’”

That’s when the man grabbed his throat, punched him in the face and stabbed him in the chest, Osborne said.

“Like they say, it takes over your life, man.”

Justin Williams, 21, is charged him with aggravated assault and assault with a weapon, police said.

Williams was scheduled to appear in court Thursday.

Peterborough is about 125 km northeast of Toronto.

galen.eagle@sunmedia.ca

Skittles
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31

Skittles

Premium Member

....../facepalm.

so WoW is played by 10 million folks and ~ 2-3 stories per year make news with crap like this and "Parents let baby die while playing WoW" or "I blew up Oslo because I like WoW"....even if all those stories were true (which most or not and tend to leave out significant information) it is not statistaclly significant nor is it a direct causality, only a corelation.

How many folks drive drunk and kill someone?, now there is causality and yet these stories dont make headlines. If your buddy says "Hey I had a 12 beers last night and drove home...no problems" that is acceptable or at least more acceptable than "Hey I played WoW for 12 hours in a row and still made it to work".

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

1 recommendation

Krisnatharok to Toastertech

Premium Member

to Toastertech
End of expac nedrage? I would expect it on a new release after you've been unsuccessfully camping the same quest spawn for hours, but now? C'mon...

OH WAIT THIS IS CANADA NVM. All makes sense.

bTU
join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO

bTU to Toastertech

to Toastertech
I've known a few that got way too into the game, but these few really make the rest of us functioning addicts look bad.

Venom14
join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA

Venom14 to Toastertech

to Toastertech
If you come over to my house after the 15th wipe on a boss that should be on farm, and interrupt the pull, you're getting stabbed in the chest.

Nobody ever comes over, uninvited, to a neighbor's house during the 4th quarter of the Superbowl and says, "Don't be upset, it's just a game." If they did, they'd also get stabbed in the chest.
Watermasta
join:2012-06-15
Quantico, VA

Watermasta

said by Venom14:

If you come over to my house after the 15th wipe on a boss that should be on farm, and interrupt the pull, you're getting stabbed in the chest.

Nobody ever comes over, uninvited, to a neighbor's house during the 4th quarter of the Superbowl and says, "Don't be upset, it's just a game." If they did, they'd also get stabbed in the chest.

Did the guy yell out "SHADOWSTEP AMBUSH!" when he did it?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by Watermasta:

Did the guy yell out "SHADOWSTEP AMBUSH!" when he did it?

clearly he was in combat spec. full frontal assault.

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain

said by Toastertech:

That's when the man grabbed his throat, punched him in the face and stabbed him in the chest, Osborne said.

I would disagree completely based on this quote from the article. His rotation was Strangulate, Icy Touch, Death Strike.

Phantasee
join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA

Phantasee

said by mettachain:

said by Toastertech:

That's when the man grabbed his throat, punched him in the face and stabbed him in the chest, Osborne said.

I would disagree completely based on this quote from the article. His rotation was Strangulate, Icy Touch, Death Strike.

DK's can't stab. Wtf M8

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by Phantasee:

said by mettachain:

said by Toastertech:

DK's can't stab. Wtf M8

heartstrike.

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain

Heartstrike is defiinitely more fitting.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Perhaps. I bet he would have followed up with a Death Strike or Necrotic Strike.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Maybe he was a caster and he though stabing wouldn't do much damage?

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

1 recommendation

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

White damage took this guy out? Pussy.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

well obviously it was a warrior he was facing that had just popped zerker rage

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

See if a caster uses a caster dagger on him he'd expect nothing to happen.

And hay I used wand dps on Sindragosa when it was current, (well only when that debuff unchained magic was on me and I was at 6 stacks)

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
Must've had him disoriented in a smoke bomb in order to have time to run to the kitchen.

I'm the only guy I know who plays with a shank within reach...I went through a tough stretch in the 90s.

As for the beer comment above. The last time I drove drunk I ended up up-side down in a drainage ditch. Last time I played 12 hours of wow I ended up sleeping on the couch and had bags under my eyes at work. I'll take the couch and droopy eyelids 99 times out of 100, I feel a little froggy sometimes.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

I spend a lot of time at my computer at home, so the 9mm is in reach. The M4 is by the bed. *shrug*
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

militant it seems here, only weapon i have in my home is a long bow, kitchen knives count?

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

said by cymraeg:

kitchen knives count?

Only if you're leveling cooking.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
I got the Savage side by side in the closet. We should seek each other out before the Zombie apocalypse, we'd be about 50' of nylon cord, a kerosene lantern, and 3 boxes of MREs short of survival.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone
said by Ghastlyone:

said by cymraeg:

kitchen knives count?

Only if you're leveling cooking.

haha... awesome!

Phantasee
Hammond, LA

Phantasee to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

I spend a lot of time at my computer at home, so the 9mm is in reach. The M4 is by the bed. *shrug*

The M4 tricked out?

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to McBrain

Premium Member

to McBrain
Have the MREs *shame*
Derlos
Premium Member
join:2009-10-28
Rigaud, QC

Derlos to Toastertech

Premium Member

to Toastertech
You WoW player is crazy! :0

Phantasee
Hammond, LA

Phantasee

said by Derlos:

You WoW player is crazy! :0

Wot?

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Phantasee

Premium Member

to Phantasee
Has my Surefire, v-grip from the Corps. EOtech and laser (would love to get my hands on a PEQ16) coming "soon." Old pics are on my profile.

Phantasee
Hammond, LA

Phantasee

said by Krisnatharok:

Has my Surefire, v-grip from the Corps. EOtech and laser (would love to get my hands on a PEQ16) coming "soon." Old pics are on my profile.

No M203 for those boss zombie fights?

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

I think there's a 37mm legal civilian version out there....
Derlos
Premium Member
join:2009-10-28
Rigaud, QC

Derlos to Phantasee

Premium Member

to Phantasee
Just playin. Used to play quite a bit myself.