Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Denver, CO

Just_Dan to jwillis00

Premium Member

to jwillis00

Re: VPN PPTP

said by jwillis00:

Any update Wow_dan regarding the rollout of the VPN PPTP fix?

We have tested the next software update and have confirmed the fix for PPTP VPN. We're still working out another issue with the software before we can deploy it properly. I'm not sure when that's going to happen just yet.

FJU
@wideopenwest.com

FJU

Anon

Any update yet?

I just had UltraTV installed yesterday, only to discover the VPN problem. The last update was July 13, saying that the software upgrade was complete and being tested. I have no idea if that means a rollout is imminent, or 6 months off.

Let us know, Dan.

Just_Dan
Premium Member
Denver, CO

Just_Dan

Premium Member

said by FJU :

Any update yet?

I just had UltraTV installed yesterday, only to discover the VPN problem. The last update was July 13, saying that the software upgrade was complete and being tested. I have no idea if that means a rollout is imminent, or 6 months off.

Let us know, Dan.

Right now I'm not able to give any real update on a time frame. There have been issues with the next software that we need to figure out, therefor there's no time frame for this update.
bmarineau
join:2012-08-10

bmarineau

Dan,

Sorry to ask again, but you're the only one at WOW who replies. Any time frame? I feel I'm getting the run around from customer service.

Thanks.

Just_Dan
Premium Member
Denver, CO

Just_Dan

Premium Member

said by bmarineau:

Dan,

Sorry to ask again, but you're the only one at WOW who replies. Any time frame? I feel I'm getting the run around from customer service.

Thanks.

I don't have any time frame right now. We discovered an issue with the software update that has required us to delay rolling out the update.
nboti
join:2012-08-27

nboti

As someone working with a colleague on why he can't get to our corporate VPN and stumbling upon this thread, I have to say I'll do my best to dissuade coworkers from getting WOW in the future.

AlexE4
join:2006-12-16
Chicago, IL

AlexE4

It's not all of WOW, it's just the UltraTV service. If you don't use UltraTV then you should have no problem.

fn
@comcastbusiness.net

fn to Just_Dan

Anon

to Just_Dan
Hi Dan,
I live in Park Ridge and just switched from Comcast last week to Ultra. And...VPN is gone. Any update on the firmware release for this issue? This is critical for me and I will have to drop WOW unless they fix it right away.
Thanks,
Frank

AlexE4
join:2006-12-16
Chicago, IL

AlexE4

I'm also in Park Ridge! Do you have the arris gateway w/ Ultra TV? Or did you rent/buy your own modem?

Just_Dan
Premium Member
Denver, CO

Just_Dan to fn

Premium Member

to fn
said by fn :

Hi Dan,
I live in Park Ridge and just switched from Comcast last week to Ultra. And...VPN is gone. Any update on the firmware release for this issue? This is critical for me and I will have to drop WOW unless they fix it right away.
Thanks,
Frank

Please send me a private message and include your account number or phone number.

DMM
@wideopenwest.com

DMM

Anon

Dan,

Do you anticipate a fix for this VPN issue in the near future. I have been waiting a couple of months, as I really like Ultra TV, but have been forced to use my wifi card to VPN in to work. I thougt this would be resolved by now based on your past post in July. I need to make a decision regarding a change if you do not see something coming soon.

Thanks for your help.

Just_Dan
Premium Member
Denver, CO

Just_Dan

Premium Member

We're hoping to have this out within a month or so. The software version we were testing previously could not be rolled out due to larger issues it had. We've gotten an updated version of the software just this week, and have only begun testing it. If all goes well, hopefully we can push this out in October, but that's not a guarantee.