All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
tom thomas
join:2010-11-04

tom thomas

finally would have been a little more attractive

although overall i do not find verizon new family data plans attractive they would have finally made the idea of adding a subsidized tablet to an account a bit more attractive.
RDC17
join:2011-05-15
Vienna, VA

RDC17

But the iPad has never been subsidized and it outsells Android tablets by a hefty margin.

The demand for Android tablets is not very high. On the other hand the iPad sells like hotcakes at full price.
chgo_man99
join:2010-01-01
Sunnyvale, CA

chgo_man99

there is a reason why. some tablets are really buggy. I got Samsung galaxy I 10'' that is supposedly one of the better high end tablets. Its still powered by Honeycomb 3 and I doubt Samsung will release official firmware + os upgrade to ICS 4 since they released newer tablet ver 2 with ICS. Im glad I did not get it for a full price. Honeycomb is horrible, slow, most flash videos laggy, many applications restricted from installation. I installed CyanogenMod 9 ROM + ICS and now I enjoy better performance and access to more applications (i.e. Google Chrome). However, microphone and camera doesn't work with this ROM but I really don't care too much for that. There are other problems which sometimes bother me which did not have before upgrade. Web browsing tend to stalls sometimes regardless of what browser you use. And you can't continue until you shut down the application and start again. This might be a problem when I am in the middle of ordering some tickets.
chgo_man99

chgo_man99

Now look at ipad 2 which is older tablet as well but its gotten newer IOS release and app development is top notch. Fast response, all apps from Apple store work.

Andrew J
Premium Member
join:2001-11-09
Lancaster, PA

Andrew J to chgo_man99

Premium Member

to chgo_man99
It gets ICS any day now and Jelly Bean not long after that:
»tinyurl.com/6mjlsyw
chgo_man99
join:2010-01-01
Sunnyvale, CA