how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Toolmandbq

join:2005-08-06
Dubuque, IA

[IA] Digital channels not coming in

I have 2 set that have the digital tuner installed and they receive most of the channels well, but there has been a problem with channels 114.1, 114.2, 114.3 114.4, and 114.8. These channels have had no signal or come in so bad you can't watch them. This has been this way all month now and has been a problem on and off for a year now. Was not a big deal to me, but with Dubuque going all digital soon, 2 major channels are effected CBS and NBC. I have no problems with my other sets that have cablecards installed. Has anyone else had problems with their digital turner?

ZC_217

join:2010-02-07
Des Moines, IA

when you say so bad you can't watch them, do you mean they are tiling and blocking really bad and freezing?

It could be a signal issue. Could be that the signal is at the lower end of what the digital tuner can lock on to. I had that kind of issue with my parents on some of there digital TVs. Having an amp installed seemed to have fixed the issue.

Toolmandbq

Dubuque, IA

By bad I mean No sound, pixels all over the screen, or No signal at all. I had an amp on my system in my old house, but according to the Mediacom tech I have a very strong signal and the amp would do nothing but mess up my HD set.

ZC_217

Des Moines, IA

I wonder if there is a limit on those tuners that the signal is too strong.

Toolmandbq

Dubuque, IA

When they started offering internet years ago they had to put a filter on my line because they said the signal was to strong, so maybe you might be right

ZC_217

Des Moines, IA

It could be that the filter they put on back when they installed your internet is going bad and slowly allowing more signal through.

Or perhaps if you could daisy chain a couple of splitters in line before the tv's that are having the tiling problems to lower the power might do the trick if it is too strong.

Toolmandbq

Dubuque, IA

I am thinking this is a mediacom problem. Tried it today and It is working great.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:103

Hello Toolmandbq,

I will be happy to look into this issue. Can you send me an IM with your account or phone number?