robbin
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX
kudos:1

1 edit
reply to SwedishRider

Re: Rim Guard

Thanks for the info on Rim Guard. I was planning on adding water when I put new tires on my Cub Cadet. I use my tractor on fairly rugged terrain with slopes and ballast in the tires should help. I am also going to replace the turf tires with ribbed lug tread tractor type tires. Between the new tires and Rim Guard I hope to eliminate most of my wheel slippage. Due to the small size of my tires, the added weight of the Rim Guard should be an advantage over water. Unfortunately they do not have any dealers this far south since most just use plain water in this area. I'll pick some up next time I'm in Oklahoma City as they have a dealer there.

Critsmcgee

join:2011-12-02
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by robbin:

I am also going to replace the turf tires with ribbed tractor type of tires.

Are you taking about AG aka Agricultural tires?

robbin
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX
They are sometimes called that. Actually I used the wrong word -- I should have said Lug treads.

SwedishRider
Rider on the Storm
Premium
join:2006-01-11
not Sweden
reply to robbin
said by robbin:

Thanks for the info on Rim Guard. I was planning on adding water when I put new tires on my Cub Cadet. I use my tractor on fairly rugged terrain with slopes and ballast in the tires should help. I am also going to replace the turf tires with ribbed lug tread tractor type tires. Between the new tires and Rim Guard I hope to eliminate most of my wheel slippage. Due to the small size of my tires, the added weight of the Rim Guard should be an advantage over water. Unfortunately they do not have any dealers this far south since most just use plain water in this area. I'll pick some up next time I'm in Oklahoma City as they have a dealer there.

Glad I could help. The Husqvarna dealer I do business with does not install Rim Guard, but recommended a local shop that does and offered to take the tires off the tractor before delivery so I can have them filled. He said he fills his personal tractors and loves Rim Guard- it adds the maximum amount of weight to lower the center of gravity, drastically improves traction, adds no strain to the tractor's axles and has none of the adverse effects of calcium chloride (rim rot).

I can't speak first hand about it yet, but from all my research, it seems like a truly great product that does one thing extremely well.