uniqs
share rss forum feed

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

[MLB] Lenny Dykstra adding more years to his prison time

Ex Met & Phillie, Dykstra just keeps adding on to his criminal convictions and time sentenced to prison. He was a 1 man crime wave. Let's see - he is a car thief; a weeny waver; a druggie; and a financial fraudster. What a varied career he had after baseball.

»www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball···201490/1

He is currently serving a three-year prison sentence after pleading no contest to grand theft auto and providing a false financial statement. In that case, Dykstra was arrested last year by police who said they found cocaine, Ecstasy and synthetic human growth hormone at his Los Angeles home last. In exchange for his plea, prosecutors dropped 21 counts against him.

He also was sentenced this year to nine months in jail after pleading no contest to charges he exposed himself to women he met through Craigslist.

Former All-Star outfielder Lenny Dykstra pleaded guilty Friday and could face 20 years in prison for hiding and selling sports memorabilia and other items that were supposed to be part of his bankruptcy filing.

Dykstra, who bought a mansion once owned by hockey star Wayne Gretzky, filed for bankruptcy three years ago, claiming he owed more than $31 million and had only $50,000 in assets.
After the filing, Dykstra hid, sold or destroyed more than $400,000 worth of items without permission of a bankruptcy trustee, prosecutors said.

Dykstra was indicted in February on 15 counts. Prosecutors said he agreed to waive his right to appeal if he's sentenced to less than 51 months in prison. Dykstra also could face fines up to $750,000.

Sounds like around 4 more years in prison. I wonder if they will add on to existing sentences or will they run concurrently? If tacked on, he could be in prison for about 7 yrs.
--
»www.mittromney.com/s/repeal-and-···bamacare
»www.mittromney.com/issues/health-care

AB
Premium
join:2006-04-04
Leesburg, VA
kudos:3
said by FFH5:

I wonder if they will add on to existing sentences or will they run concurrently? If tacked on, he could be in prison for about 7 yrs.

And if concurrent, then what? The latest charge/sentence ends up adding a year, maybe less?

I doubt the prosecutor and judge are going to be disposed kindly towards Dykstra, given the nature of the charge. It's a sign he puts himself above authority and the law, and the legal system never likes that one. So my guess would be 'consecutive'.

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
kudos:1
reply to FFH5
Crazy Lenny