spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

PecosBill

@rr.com

sb5100

Can you attach two sb5100s to a common tv/internet cable ?

davidhoffman
Premium
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA
kudos:3

NO. You could create chaos with IP addresses and having multiple MAC addresses. The service is designed for one and only one modem. If you need to do networking, get the proper networking gear. What is it you are trying to do?

PecosBill

@rr.com
reply to PecosBill

Trying to get GOOD reception on a tv/computer out of range fof my cisco 3200 wireless router. Tried a cisco powerline extender and it wouldn't work.

davidhoffman
Premium
Warner Robins, GA

Are you referring to this device, »homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/supp···rs/E3200
OR
this device,
»www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collate···3a7.html ?

PecosBill

@rr.com

The E3200 dual band n router.

davidhoffman
Premium
Warner Robins, GA

It may be useful to try one of the more powerful WiFi routers. I had good results in a long 2500 square foot house using the E4200.
Today I would try an EA4500
»homestore.cisco.com/en-us/Router···od.htmor an E4200 if you can find them.

The other good choices I have read about are the ASUS routers »www.asus.com/Networks/Wireless_R···/RTN66U/
»www.asus.com/Networks/Wireless_R···RTAC66U/

One off the wall solution might be Open Mesh »www.open-mesh.com/

Using a OM2P
»www.open-mesh.com/index.php/prof···-us.html, you could add additional devices by plug in to electrical power outlets to get to your destination. It is strongly recommended that each device be protected by a small UPS if your electrical supply is subject to surges or sags. The network can stay up long enough for orderly shut downs if you have a power failure. I have been told that the absolute maximum is to use 3 OM2Ps, 2 hops, in any direction. You can go in multiple directions, say North, East, South, and West, but use no more than 2 additional OM2Ps to mesh with the main OM2P connected to the modem in any direction. So you could have a 9 device system. I have used other mesh technology and that advice is good from my experience.

PecosBill

@rr.com

David, Thanks a lot for all the good advise! I'll visit the websites.