spc
Search similar:

uniqs

tigelowe
@spcsdns.net

tigelowe

Anon

[Troubleshooting] Verizon data network trouble

Starting 7/13/2012 early in the morning, I cannot get to many internet sites. Other are fine. I connect via aircard 3G/EVDO. Internetpulse.net is showing high packet loss (~10% during the 9pm CDT hour) and latency for Verizon. Anyone else having this problem?
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman

Premium Member

No problems in the center of Georgia, USA during 13 July 2012 from 5:00PM to 10:00PM when I used the Verizon 3G service. Where are you located?

tigelowe
@spcsdns.net

tigelowe to tigelowe

Anon

to tigelowe
Location is southwest Missouri. It's working this morning. Download 1.5Mbps, Upload 400Kbps. The connection quality never changed (see below). Verison must have fixed the issue.

Service Display: 1xEV-DO
Signal Strength (%): 100
Signal Strength (dBm): -61
Ec/Io (dBm): -1
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman

Premium Member

Since it was Friday the 13th, I bet a Verizon employee saw a black cat crossing her path and moved to avoid the path crossing. In changing her direction she collided with an outdoor cafe's table on which there was a salt shaker that turned over and spilled out salt. The woman, being the panicky type, proceeded to cry and ruined her makeup with tears. She dropped her compact mirror, when she tried to repair her makeup, thus breaking it. This further upset her. When she eventually arrived at work, she had to compose herself. She placed her handbag, really a small piece of of soft sided luggage, on the console where she worked. This action bumped the switch for auxiliary cooling to the off position, instead of stand by. When the equipment that was to be protected by the extra cooling went into overheat, it slowed down to protect itself. Since the woman's luggage blocked the bank of small LED warning lights, she did not notice the slowed condition or the overheat. The situation was eventually resolved after she got off shift and her replacement, who always puts her handbag under the console, noticed the rapidly blinking network failure and overheat lights. She immediately activated the auxiliary cooling and the emergency cooling. This occurred at 12:01 AM om Saturday the 14th. Thus you have restored service. Verizon immediately implemented a policy that all employee carry on luggage shall go under the consoles, not on top of it.