Premium Member
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX

r81984 to thegeek

Premium Member

to thegeek

Re: [Rant] Home Depot

said by thegeek:

I was just in HD the other day buying some new switch plates. I was getting 3 white and 1 black. They are the same price. There was someone at the self checkout so I went to the cashier who wasn't waiting on anyone. She scanned the single black plate and punched a button to multiply it by 4. I took the opportunity to lecture her on how she just screwed up the inventory system by doing that. She still didn't seem to understand but she corrected it none the less.

I've done the same thing at the grocery store too when buying soda. I've had a cashier ring up 4 12-packs of Coke when I actually had 4 different Coke products. The cashiers never seem to understand. Poor management.

For pepsi or coke products the system inventory does not matter.

Pepsi and Coke have their own delivery trucks, their own delivery people, and their own inventory system.
When the delivery person shows up they inventory what did not sell and they restock the shelves how they want.
The stores inventory count means nothing. Just sayin.

You were right on with the face plates though.

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

said by r81984:

When the delivery person shows up they inventory what did not sell and they restock the shelves how they want.
The stores inventory count means nothing. Just sayin.

For coke and pepsi (and at least here, beer and wine) the delivery person does not just show up and stock with what they think. The soda companies have sales reps that go in and clean up the shelves and make out an order with their handhelds which will then get delivered later on, most cases, next day. The delivery guys will simply show up and put on the shelve what was ordered for them.

Busy weekends, the sales reps will sometimes go back to the larger stores and do a pack out to replenish the shelves again with excess inventory they ordered during the week, which is kept out back. Pain in the ass for them if they live a distance away from the store but a decent way to get some more sales under their belt.