share rss forum feed

icedcorn
IcedCorn
Premium
join:2007-07-08
Rochester, NH

anyone here from Metrocast NH?

Hi,
I'm in the process of porting my Digital Phone on MC from MC to Ooma. Basically I wanted to have the ability to have more blocked #'s and sms alerts when I have voice mail.

Ooma has a date for porting but Metrocast called me and said I needed to return the eMTA.

Currently I have my MC phone to auto forward to my temporary ooma number. However after I returned the eMTA the phone number that I want ported is now "disconnected"...so now I'm worried it won't be ported and instead returned to the number pile.

I do have a confirmed port date for this week but I wanted to have some assurance from a MC phone person that I'm okay. I'm not 100% that the CSRs understand the process. I was told when I returned the eMTA that everything was fine but with the number now disconnected I'm not sure.

If someone from MC that frequents the forums could DM me and I could provide you the specifics I sure would feel better!

icedcorn
IcedCorn
Premium
join:2007-07-08
Rochester, NH
Just for anyone else - although MC turned off my number so I had an out of service message for the past 4 days, Ooma did port it today...so I'm back in business.

I wish it was easier to port but unless I returned the modem it didn't seem like I'd get ported.

Anyway,. so far so good on the ooma side.

I went with OOMA premium because 1)it was cheaper, 2)you can use a community spam blacklist and create your own blacklist of 256 numbers while on MC you get a whopping 12, and 3)you can get SMS and email alerts of voice mail and get a VM attachment on email. Much easier than dialing in, etc.

Of course while in some way it's still a land line, I'm a dying breed...