spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Zero3K
join:2009-06-13
Louisville, KY

Zero3K

[Connectivity] Problem with internet in Louisville, Kentucky

I am having an issue with my internet connection (which has a speed of 10 Mb/s). It keeps going out two times or more in a day for the past couple of days and there's no reason specified in the modem's even log. So, I think that something is wrong with the actual modem and not the internet connection.
Singular
Premium Member
join:2008-08-13
Shelbyville, KY

Singular

Premium Member

So it's going out as in won't pass any traffic at all? Or is it 90% packet loss. I have been having a lot of troubles with packet loss in the last week or two. I am on the 50Meg Docsis 3 service though. Anyway at times I will get up to 90% packet loss while the network appears to be failing over to another route.

I suspect that it might have to do with TW taking over the network however I am not 100% sure on that.

During these outages are your signal levels out of whack? What are they now please post a screen shot?
Zero3K
Louisville, KY

Zero3K

1. The modem just resets itself without any explanation in its event log.

2. My Signal Levels are currently as followed:

Downstream
Freq/Power: 633.000 MHz 6 dBmV
Signal to Noise Ratio: 37 dB
Modulation: QAM256

Upstream
Freq/Power: 32.200 MHz 49 dBmV
Channel Type: DOCSIS 1.x (TDMA)

Symbol Rate: 2560 kSym/sec

Modulation: QAM16

3. Here's a link to its event log: »www.mediafire.com/?9nh3j ··· l5lwao8s
Zero3K

Zero3K

I chatted with an Insight Technician via their webchat page and did a hard reset of my modem (meaning I took out the battery and AC plug for around 2-3 minutes and plugged the AC back in along with inserting the battery) and had an appointment scheduled for tomorrow at 5-7 PM. The signal levels haven't been changing as much as before (its now going down or up 2 for the Downstream and Upstream). It just lost connectivity again but no power without any explanation in its Event Log.
Expand your moderator at work
Zero3K

Zero3K

Re: [Connectivity] Problem with internet in Louisville, Kentucky

According to the technician that came at 6:50-7:10 PM and left a little while ago, my connection being dropped temporarily is because they are doing work on it at the time that it drops. He did replace the fitters and the splitter for the cables that connected the TVs though. He also said that if it still happens or gets worse, contact him and get the modem replaced.

YogiYahooeys
join:2004-08-17
Evansville, IN

YogiYahooeys to Zero3K

to Zero3K
I've been having that problem for a few weeks myself. I called CS and they said that they weren't having any problems and that it must be a problem with my equipment. I too figured that it must be a TW issue.
Zero3K
Louisville, KY

Zero3K

My problem has been happening before TW bought Insight.

YogiYahooeys
join:2004-08-17
Evansville, IN

YogiYahooeys

said by Zero3K:

My problem has been happening before TW bought Insight.

Um, ok, I guess you saying that it had been happening for the past couple days made me think that it had been happening for the past couple days. Sorry, I don't know what to tell you...