Search similar:

uniqs

The Doctor
join:2011-11-25
Montreal,Qc

The Doctor

Bell TV Outage

Hi,

Anyone else with Bell Satellite TV lost signal?

Glen1
These Are The Good Ol' Days.
MVM
join:2002-05-24
GTA Canada

Glen1

MVM

Could it be the severe weather?
despe666
join:2009-06-20
Montreal, QC

despe666 to The Doctor

to The Doctor
Seems good here. What channels did you lose? Or all of them? Try hitting Menu-6-1-1. Any signal on the meter? Try other transponders and inputs if you have a dual tuner receiver.

The Doctor
join:2011-11-25
Montreal,Qc

The Doctor to Glen1

to Glen1
Posiible toronto as severe thunderstorm watch
»www.accuweather.com/en/c ··· st/55488

But in Montreal it's cloudy but not bad yet.

Signal came back few minutes ago

Glen1
MVM
GTA Canada

1 recommendation

Glen1 to The Doctor

MVM

to The Doctor
I just checked my FibeTV signal and it is working fine...I don't have the TV on during thunderstorms so I turned it off again.
scorpido
Premium Member
join:2009-11-02
Abbotsford, BC

scorpido

Premium Member

Bell only has one NOC for uploading to their satellites so if there is bad weather in Toronto that blocks the signal from the dishes then EVERYONE with Bell Satellite TV goes down. Not sure about FibeTV though. Bell has no backup uplink incase of emergency or weather for their satellite service.

Glen1
MVM
GTA Canada

1 recommendation

Glen1

MVM

We have had some severe storms this afternoon so I guess that is what happened...makes perfect sense. I guess every outage for the next period of time will be subject to close scrutiny due to the employee situation there: »CEP Members Locked Out by Bell ExpressVu [6] comments

ChuckcZar
@teksavvy.com

ChuckcZar to The Doctor

Anon

to The Doctor
Buy a larger dish and make sure it's aligned perfectly so the signal strengths are at maximums. I still can't believe the size of dishes today almost like no one has ever heard of rain.

Glen1
MVM
GTA Canada

Glen1

MVM

It was suggested earlier that the "uplink" signal may have been "blocked" due to the severe weather and in that case everyone loses the signal not just those people who have dish misalignment issues.
RickStep
Premium Member
join:2002-11-25
Hamilton, ON

RickStep to The Doctor

Premium Member

to The Doctor
said by The Doctor:

Hi,

Anyone else with Bell Satellite TV lost signal?

A solar storm from solar flares on July 12, 2012 was due to reach Earth over Saturday the 14th & Sunday the 15th.

Satellites may suffer temporary outages and may need to be rebooted or could suffer permanent damage as happened in the past.

CBC article here:

»www.cbc.ca/news/technolo ··· lar.html

Its summer time and I guess few are reading or listening to the news.

Rick