[Sci-Fi] Fringe: Season Five

Trailer from Comic-Con

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTiAL19rej4

Sept 28, 2012.

lotusracer
Premium
join:1999-11-26
Moline, IL

I don't like that the show is going away, but sure glad that Fox is going to bring some kind of ending to the series.
--
Humanity - The greatest natural disaster of all time.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
kudos:1
reply to darcilicious

Yeah, I find it hard to keep track of when Fring is on so I would have to say that the entire series has been handled poorly in this respect. However, relatively speaking its Fox we are talking about so we are lucky they didn’t shut it down in the middle of the first season.

Boricua
Premium
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto
reply to darcilicious

I lost track of Fringe since the second season? I think. I'm gonna have to find all the seasons and start from the beginning .
--
Illegal aliens have always been a problem in the United States. Ask any Indian. Robert Orben

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

1 recommendation

reply to darcilicious

Looking forward to seeing how this is all going to play out.

Seems like they were getting really "out there" with things though.

Wily_One
Premium
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA
reply to darcilicious

Awesome!

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable
reply to darcilicious

I really want to see what happens in the "future Earth" on the show, but only if they can find a way to have Olivia there too. The show wouldn't be the same without Agent Dunham.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY

I believe she might have died, either that or something tragic happened to her. Remember what Walter said about not being able to forgive William Bell for what he did to Olivia (this was when he cut off Bell's hand).
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable

Yeah, that's what I meant. When they released the team from the Amber, only Peter, Walter, and Astrid were still alive.
So in the future she's dead. Which also sucks because she was the member of the team with the cortexifan abilities.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

StyxKee

join:2001-07-05
GTA, Canada
reply to darcilicious

I really want to know who was the character in Olivier "dream" (remember the episode with the cel-shaded cartoon?) wanting to kill her. I do not remember that the background was ever explained.

Wily_One
Premium
San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to Rook008

said by Rook008:

... if they can find a way to have Olivia there too. The show wouldn't be the same without Agent Dunham.

I'm sure we'll her often. Maybe only in flashbacks from the past but I wouldn't be surprised if they find a way to bring her into the present (future) Earth.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
reply to Boricua

said by Boricua:

I lost track of Fringe since the second season? I think. I'm gonna have to find all the seasons and start from the beginning .

With XBMC & 1Channel plugin', you'll NEVER lose track of ANYTHING ever again

OMGz I'm so in love with XBMC it has all my shows! No comercials and I can watch them at anytime! It was just mind boggling when I first started out with XBMC. You'll be pleasantly surprised too once you install Fusion and set up all the plugin's. The entire sci-fi & fantasy multiverse is suddenly within reach! I've bookmarked every single favorite series and can just simpy tune in when I have free time. Fringe, here I come!!!!
--
You see there is only one constant. One universal. It is the only real truth. Causality. Action, reaction. Cause and effect.
Twitter:Merv Chat:irc.teksavvy.ca

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS
reply to darcilicious

New teaser!!

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbcX1o24fug

--
♬ Music is life ♬

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS

Oops, here's another!

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP3G2FqIOnE

--
♬ Music is life ♬

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS
reply to darcilicious

So I've been having my little Fringe marathon and I've just about finished season three and man what a great set of episodes! I'll hold off judgement until I rewatch season four but I think I know why I thought it sucked so much!
--
♬ Music is life ♬

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY

said by darcilicious:

So I've been having my little Fringe marathon and I've just about finished season three and man what a great set of episodes! I'll hold off judgement until I rewatch season four but I think I know why I thought it sucked so much!

Why?

IMO it's because they started to go too far into the weird, whereas when the series first started, they kept it a bit closer to realism.
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
join:2001-08-25
Kendall, FL
kudos:3
reply to Octavean

said by Octavean:

Yeah, I find it hard to keep track of when Fring is on so I would have to say that the entire series has been handled poorly in this respect. However, relatively speaking its Fox we are talking about so we are lucky they didn’t shut it down in the middle of the first season.

Yea. Thankfully I have a TiVo, because networks seem to put shows in hiatus after a few episodes, then bring them back in mid season, then cancel them later citing low ratings.

It's a good show, but it took a MAJOR twist at the end of the previous season.
--
CheckSite.us | YourIP.us | Reverseip.us

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS
reply to Alpha Phoenix

said by Alpha Phoenix:

said by darcilicious:

Why?

Well, after watching it straight through over the past several evenings, I would have to say that season four wasn't as bad as I remembered but that's probably because I was able to watch several eps each evening and even more over the weekend.

I did still dislike two things: killing off Joe Flanigan's character (Lincoln's partner) right off; and how long it took Peter to come back.

There are lot of cool details from one ep to the next and yes, FOX's penchant for scheduling mult-week breaks between episodes made it very hard for me to track them last year. I enjoyed it much more watching straight through.

It's interesting to note that in both season three and season four there was an ep that was about the future -- and obviously season five is going there. I'm rather looking forward to it and I'm hopeful that the writers do a good job with this last season.
--
♬ Music is life ♬

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
reply to darcilicious

This Friday!!

Wily_One
Premium
San Jose, CA

W00t! Can't wait to see Walter in alien ass-kicking mode.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS

said by Wily_One:

+1
--
♬ Music is life ♬

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
reply to Wily_One

said by Wily_One:

Aliens? What Aliens? The Observers are Humans who are more advanced and further along in the evolutionary process, but from the future. They came back in time, but they are still humans, not aliens (extra-terrestrials).
--

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS
reply to darcilicious

"Remix" Trailer (so maybe not new content but still a nice bunch of scenes )

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC9mdKS44ZM

--
♬ Music is life ♬

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS
reply to darcilicious

One more "promo"

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbvXyF-YPU8

--
♬ Music is life ♬

Wily_One
Premium
San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to Alpha Phoenix

said by Alpha Phoenix:

Aliens? What Aliens?

OK if you're gonna get technical: they are temporal aliens. They are from another time.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY

Still not aliens. Humans!

Wily_One
Premium
San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

alien - noun

1a: belonging or relating to another person, place, or thing : strange
1b: relating, belonging, or owing allegiance to another country or government : foreign
1c: exotic

2: differing in nature or character typically to the point of incompatibility

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY

Still not aliens. Humans!

Wily_One
Premium
San Jose, CA

1 recommendation

OK! OK! I give.

I still bet they don't have their papers...

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY

LOL!