DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to Wily_One

Re: [Sci-Fi] Fringe: Season Five

And you think comcast/DTV aren't going to log you too?

lotusracer
Premium
join:1999-11-26
Moline, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to DarkLogix

said by DarkLogix:

What you don't think your cable box reports that to them?

some of us still don't use a cable box.... at least so far, I am able to watch 'unboxed' via a QAM tuner in my tv, or a digital tuner in my dvr.
--
Humanity - The greatest natural disaster of all time.

Wily_One
Premium
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to DarkLogix

said by DarkLogix:

Why would Nielsen care what Comcast logs? If I'm Nielsen I am going to take the data from my pool of carefully selected sample points, not accept data from any specific vendor or other 3rd party.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3

said by Wily_One:

said by DarkLogix:

Why would Nielsen care what Comcast logs? If I'm Nielsen I am going to take the data from my pool of carefully selected sample points, not accept data from any specific vendor or other 3rd party.

You really think nielsen is the only ratings that matter anymore?

Comcast/DTV/ect also own networks of their own and put ads on other channels, you think they price those just off nielsen?
--
»Death Star Petition

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
kudos:1
reply to darcilicious

Still have the last 2 episodes to watch. I'm avoiding reading the last bunch of posts until then.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
kudos:1

1 edit
reply to darcilicious

Wow... finally watched the finale.... I must say it left me sad, but satisfied.

I do feel that the writers jumped around quite a bit in the last few seasons though. The show had more of a realistic feel to it in the earlier seasons, then jumped to William Bell creating genetically mutated creatures and trying to create his own universe and destroy ours int eh process while using Olivia as the catalyst, then the next season deals with the alternate universe and then the machine, then Peter being erased from existence, then they just conveniently bring him back with no real solid explanation, we are just supposed to accept that he's back because he had such an indelible footprint in the hearts/minds of others?! Then now all of a sudden we flash forward 21 years into the future and it's this whole Observers Invasion storyline???! Then on top of that we miss the whole Peter/Olivia romance and getting married, and her getting pregnant and having a child stuff?! WTF?!
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable

I know exactly what you mean. Each season seemed to take off in a different direction from the last. The story arcs were seasonal instead of being carried over from year to year. I kind of enjoyed that though.

I do wish we got to see more of Olivia and Peter's story, but what we did get was pretty good.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken