Hope you enjoy it.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

I did. It's one of those episodes I'll probably watch again, actually...
darcilicious

darcilicious

Premium Member

Airs again tonight and then the final two episodes next week! (according to thetvdb.com)

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

1 recommendation

Rook008

Premium Member

It's about time they aired a new episode.
It's been so long I totally forgot to even check.

Thanks for the reminder, Darci.

Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Octavean to darcilicious

MVM

to darcilicious
I usually leave it to the Media Center system to just do the recording. Its really hard to keep up with the schedule as scattered as it is,.....

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
I'm sad that this will be the end.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
Looks like The Fringe Series Finale will be a two hour event, tomorrow night Fri, Jan 18th.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious

Premium Member

said by TwiztedZero:

Looks like The Fringe Series Finale will be a two hour event, tomorrow night Fri, Jan 18th.

Yup, as mentioned twice in this thread already

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

Wow..... Can't believe tomorrow is the final episode...

Swindle
Shattered Dreams
join:2006-07-24
Tampa, FL

Swindle to darcilicious

to darcilicious
I'll be sad to see Fringe tonight ... No more afterwards aside from repeats on the Science Channel.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Anyone have the full list of glyph pics? and the decoder key?

kinda interested in what the full message might be.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
Far Rockaway, NY

1 recommendation

Rook008

Premium Member

»fringe.wikia.com/wiki/Glyphs

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

Interesting. I had no idea they were doing that.
I just thought they were graphics.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

In the first season there was an arstechnica story about it, and someone broke the code.
DarkLogix

DarkLogix to Rook008

Premium Member

to Rook008
»arstechnica.com/gaming/2 ··· ge-code/

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
Predictable ending, kinda unsatisfactory, but still at least they were able to end the show on a positive note. Also nice to see that the cow wasn't totally forgotten this season

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

It was a little too mushy,but was a pretty good way to end it.

They could have had some flashbacks to past characters that would have enhanced the ending...........but at least it was better than most series finales.
graniterock
Premium Member
join:2003-03-14
London, ON

graniterock

Premium Member

I've never had a truely satisfying ending to a TV series. It's about the journey not the end.

Niarlan
Excelsior
Premium Member
join:2002-11-09
Manville, NJ

Niarlan to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
Good but... if by sending the child observer to the future to change the evolution of the observers so they are more empathic...wouldn't that mean that Peter when he came back from the other side with Walter as a child would have drowned? since there would be no Observer to save him from drowning? and then with no Peter the worlds would have destroyed each other...paradox's are such pains arent they?

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

No, not necessarily, it was September that saved Peter from drowning. The plan was to change the evolutionary path chosen by the scientist not to keep the observers from ever existing. Also note that September (if that was his name) donated genetic material to creat the anomaly which likely means he himself had some mutation to pass on.

So the observers would likely still exists but would observer for different reasons (in other words not world domination). This, if it is the case, would still leave the door open for the observer to save Peter,...

Wily_One
Premium Member
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA

1 edit

Wily_One to Niarlan

Premium Member

to Niarlan
I've only been watching Fringe regularly for the last 2-3 seasons, so I missed the very beginning. However, I believe I recall at one point that September admitted it was he that caused Walter to miss the fact that he found the cure for his dying Peter. Thus if there were no Observer incursion, Walter was able to save his own son and thus never traveled to the other side, never brought the other Peter back to our side, and never fell into the ice.

If someone with more episodes under their belt can verify, I'd appreciate it.

Niarlan
Excelsior
Premium Member
join:2002-11-09
Manville, NJ

1 recommendation

Niarlan

Premium Member

I think September distracted Walternate from finding that cure, Walter didn't find it in time.

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

The point I was trying to make was that the Observers wouldn’t have been destroyed or never created by their form of selective forced evolution. They simply would have made different choices using the anomaly as a template (knowing that they didn’t have to sacrifice emotion). So the Observers would have existed and they likely would have observed as well as been noticed by the native population of our dimension / time. The reasons for observation would have likely been different though.

However, I will point out that intellect and emotion were present in invading forces throughout our history so this technically shouldn’t have mattered either way. The presumption is that the Observers with emotion would have been compassionate and evolved enough to have other noninvasive / nondestructive interests,….

Think of it in terms of Klingons invaders caring nothing for the needs of those they conquer and the Federation with the prime directive (not wanting to alter the evolution of less evolved cultures),…

At least that was my take on it.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

I have a problem with the paradox solution.

ok if the observers were changed then Walter-nat wouldn't have been distracted by September and he would have seen he had the cure.

So Walter wouldn't have crossed over to save alt-peter, because he wouldn't have needed saving.

Walter-nat didn't do the cortexifan trials so there's not powered up olivia in universe2.

Olivia in Universe1 wouldn't have peter to help her.

Walter would never have gotten out of the asylum just as in universe1b

Due to the ripples there wouldn't be an Olivia and Peter together on 2015.

Peter would be in Universe2c, Olivia in 1c.

people keep forgetting the initial alteration of Walter-nat getting distracted by September while Walter was watching causing Walter to see what the cure was but not Walter-nat.

And if the Observers intent were changed then the cause of the disruption would be changed.
DarkLogix

DarkLogix to Niarlan

Premium Member

to Niarlan
said by Niarlan:

I think September distracted Walternate from finding that cure, Walter didn't find it in time.

Correct.

So if the distraction were removed then walter would be left without a son, and would have never shattered the universe.

And Walter-nat would have kept his son.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
Far Rockaway, NY

1 recommendation

Rook008 to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
Although I usually don't like "time travel fixes everything" conclusions, I thought it was a very good series finale.

Overall, sci-fi on TV just got a lot less interesting with Fringe gone.
graniterock
Premium Member
join:2003-03-14
London, ON

graniterock

Premium Member

As mentioned previously by someone else in this thread, what bothered me about their solution was how they could expect to bring the boy to the evolutionary scientists since the moment the Observers invaded the future was changed. There was a one liner in the finale to acknowledge this and September's time travel knowledge "assured us" they would get the boy to the proper 2167.

While acknowledging that whole time travel thing is pure fantasy (thus far!) I've been of the mind that time doesn't need to always loop back on itself. ie If they got the boy to the future scientists, they wouldn't need to continually repeat this for it to be true. In the Fringe universe Walter said nature abhors a paradox and thus likely he would cease to exist after the time line reset. But he would just magically appear to the 2167 scientists with no historical existence from the new time line perspective.

I imagine JJ likely felt that time paradoxes exist in "time bubbles" or the such hence there could be two 2167s and by sending the boy to the future of their choosing they were able to "collapse" the one the Fringe folk didn't want to happen.

At any rate it is an interesting way to interpret time travel and from a story telling perspective it gives him a lot more flexibility in what the characters can actually do.

Wily_One
Premium Member
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA

Wily_One to Rook008

Premium Member

to Rook008
said by Rook008:

QFT.

Is there any sci-fi left on TV now? Until Falling Skies comes back, I can't think of any.

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

said by Wily_One:

said by Rook008:

QFT.

Is there any sci-fi left on TV now? Until Falling Skies comes back, I can't think of any.

Did you mean, are there any Scifi shows on network TV,….?

SyFy started running the first season of “Continuum” but that’s not network TV and its not new (new to the USA though),…

Presumably BattleStar Galactica: Blood and Chrome will air on SyFy in February but with no guaranteed series run to follow. I will point out that the then new SciFi channel revival of the BSG franchise had a similar start,….sort of,….

I just kind of wish they had left Fringe a little more open ended with the intention of revisiting the franchise with movie specials or something. Hell even movies with theatrical releases,…. I’d be cool with that,…