Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC
kudos:2
reply to r81984

Re: [Rant] Close on Sunday? Really?

As was pointed out, Costco Tires are open 7 days a week.

You're just whining because you didn't get what you wanted, when you wanted it, at the price you wanted.

"Your lack of planning, is not my emergency."

Planning ahead changes EVERYTHING.
--
Better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it.

Xioden
Premium
join:2008-06-10
Monticello, NY
kudos:1
reply to r81984

said by r81984:

Do to work I can only get things done on weekends.
Planning ahead changes nothing.
Most people work m to f thus can only get service done on weekends.
As I said some industries have to work opposite hours as everyone else. That is just the way it is.

The moral of the story here is don't wait until right before a week of bad rain to get your tires changed.

Alternatively, you could always have asked a favor of a co-worker to meet you at a tire place and drive you to work and back to pick up the car on a M-F. You could have picked one near work and walked. You could have taken a cab, you could have rented a car for the day. You could also have asked if any offered pick-up+delivery service. You could also have asked for an hour or two off first thing in the morning/extended lunch/leave work early.
Expand your moderator at work

Caddyroger
Premium
join:2001-06-11
To the west
reply to r81984

Lets Detroit Mich not a small town but tires stores are closed. The same for Toledo Ohio Tacoma and Seattle Wa. The tires store are closed.
--
Caddy

Caddyroger
Premium
To the west
reply to r81984

Maybe this will better you to under stand every one else except for the people that live in Katy Texas knows that most tire stores are closed on Sunday.
--
Caddy

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX
Reviews:
·row44
reply to Caddyroger

said by Caddyroger:

Lets Detroit Mich not a small town but tires stores are closed. The same for Toledo Ohio Tacoma and Seattle Wa. The tires store are closed.

They must be small towns.
It looks like a the national chain tire stores are open sunday in all of those places.

»www.toyotaofseattle.com/seattle-toyota-map
Even the dealership service is open on sunday in seattle.
--
...brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Caddyroger
Premium
To the west
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to r81984

said by r81984:

said by DC DSL:

Organization and planning ahead. If you can't or won't, then you will continue to have issues until you get with the program. Don't blame or scold anyone else.

You've been served.

Do to work I can only get things done on weekends.
Planning ahead changes nothing.
Most people work m to f thus can only get service done on weekends.
As I said some industries have to work opposite hours as everyone else. That is just the way it is.

Your tires did not got bad just over night. They probably been bad for the last 5 months. You should been checking them often since they had 35k miles on them. If you checked them you could have gotten them replace at discount tire on a Saturday the week end day to did not work.
--
Caddy

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium
Katy, TX
Reviews:
·row44

It did rain a few times before, never had a problem then.
It is actually closer to the 30K mark.
Last tires I had were 60K they did not have any problems and I changed them at 65K due to the tread finally being too low.
--

ctggzg
Premium
join:2005-02-11
USA

1 recommendation

reply to r81984

I've seen Honda and Volkswagen dealers that did service on Saturdays and Sundays. Some actually give discounts if you do service on the weekend because I guess they don't have much business on those days. I agree that the weekend should be MORE convenient for most people. The whole thing about Sundays in particular is archaic and obsolete.

Just as stupid is the post office's attempt to cut Saturday delivery. If they were going to cut a day, it should be Wednesday or Thursday so there aren't two days in a row without delivery.

said by Hesher:

I think they are closed on Sundays because their employees work M-F and the weekend is the only time they have any time to get anything done.

That doesn't make sense. If they worked on Saturday or Sunday then they'd have a free weekday to get things done. Being open on weekends doesn't mean each employee working more hours.

Caddyroger
Premium
To the west
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to r81984

said by r81984:

said by Caddyroger:

It looks like a the national chain tire stores are open sunday in all of those places.

Katy Tx Population (2010) 14,102

Detroit Mich Population: 713,777 (2010)

Tacaoma Wa Population: 198,397 (2010)

Seattle wa Population: 608,660 (2010)

Toledo Ohio Population: 287,208 (2010)

Those are not small as you are putting it. Now if you want I can list all the city in Mich Wa and Ohio which is all that most tires stores are closed on Sunday.
--
Caddy

Caddyroger
Premium
To the west
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to r81984

said by r81984:

said by Caddyroger:

Better read that again. The dealership is open the buy cars not to buy tires or mount them.

Service Department
Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 7:00pm
Saturday: 7:00am - 6:00pm
Sunday: Closed
Parts Department
Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 7:00pm
Saturday: 7:00am - 6:00pm
Sunday: Closed
--
Caddy

moes

join:2009-11-15
Cedar City, UT
Reviews:
·Revol Wireless
·Optimum Online
reply to r81984

I am opening a store here soon, I've already made sure that it will be in big flashy letters that the computer repair shop will be closed sunday's. I will be there but I will helping zero people, I need a day to catch backlog up and other items since I will be the only person manning the store for a while, so this little rant that we should be open "just for you" or just for people who work during the week is not cutting it.

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium
Katy, TX
reply to Caddyroger

Most tire stores are open on sundays.
The problem is one of the two that had the tires I wanted in stock was closed. Everyone else was open.
--

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium
Katy, TX
Reviews:
·row44
reply to moes

said by moes:

I am opening a store here soon, I've already made sure that it will be in big flashy letters that the computer repair shop will be closed sunday's. I will be there but I will helping zero people, I need a day to catch backlog up and other items since I will be the only person manning the store for a while, so this little rant that we should be open "just for you" or just for people who work during the week is not cutting it.

Why not use your catchup day on a tuesday or wednesday?
If I had a retail store I would be open at the times most customers are not at work and would come in to spend money. That way I would not lose sales.

Now if your computer repair shop catered to corporate and businesses then it makes sense to be open during normal business hours.
--

Caddyroger
Premium
To the west
reply to r81984

You must be talking about Katy Tx. Every place else in the USA most are closed.
--
Caddy

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium
Katy, TX
Reviews:
·row44
reply to Caddyroger

said by Caddyroger:

You must be talking about Katy Tx. Every place else in the USA most are closed.

Nope just about every national chain is open on sundays and they are everywhere.
Firestone
Pepboys
Walmart
Costco
Sams
NTB
Goodyear
Sears
--

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
reply to r81984

said by r81984:

Whats the point of weekday shifts when all your customers are at work?

Eh? I never worked weekdays much after 1979. Swing shift, mostly, and some graveyard shift.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC
reply to r81984

said by r81984:

So i ended up going to NTB (which they are like 15% more money) as they were the only other tire place that stocked the tires I wanted. NTB is horrible and slow for everything, but oh well.

From your first post. You got what you wanted. Open on Sundays. Waaaaaaaa!

As for your previous post, good come back, little girl.
--
Better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it.

Caddyroger
Premium
To the west
reply to r81984

You could be right but you was the one that waited for it to rain before you bought tires. For your information it took pepboy's over 2 hours the replace all 4 of my tires.
--
Caddy

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium
Katy, TX
Reviews:
·row44

Im only counting the time they put my car on the lift and started working.
The lift time was 2.5 hours.
They can change all 4 tires and do an alignment in under hour, 1.5 at a very slow pace.
There were no issues with my car that slowed them down.

Also will their extra time they still could not follow the directions (I stressed on the inside) and put the weights on the outside of alloy rims which makes absolutely no sense.
You always put them on the inside unless there are hub caps. They could even superglue weights on the inside of the tire if they had to, but you never stick weights on the outside of rims that dont have hub caps.
--

Caddyroger
Premium
To the west

I was talking about Pep boys. I would know about the other place except discount tires. I been dealing with discount tire for the last 25 years.
--
Caddy

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium
Katy, TX
Reviews:
·row44

I like pep boys, last time they changed my tires, balanced, and alignment was an hour of lift time (about 2 years ago). I waited for 10 minutes before they pulled my car in.
They were just as fast in orlando when I change my tires before that.
--

Caddyroger
Premium
To the west

That was the first and last time I use Pepboys for Tire replacement I probable will not alive for my next tire replacement.
--
Caddy

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium
Katy, TX
Reviews:
·row44

said by Caddyroger:

That was the first and last time I use Pepboys for Tire replacement I probable will not alive for my next tire replacement.

You really cant complain if there were other cars in front of you in line.
--

Caddyroger
Premium
To the west
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit

said by r81984:

said by Caddyroger:

You really cant complain if there were other cars in front of you in line.

What do you mean if other cars was in front of me. I was the first car in that morning.
--
Caddy