San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
reply to r81984

Re: [Rant] Close on Sunday? Really?

said by r81984:

Whats the point of weekday shifts when all your customers are at work?

Eh? I never worked weekdays much after 1979. Swing shift, mostly, and some graveyard shift.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum
Expand your moderator at work

Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC
kudos:2
reply to r81984

said by r81984:

So i ended up going to NTB (which they are like 15% more money) as they were the only other tire place that stocked the tires I wanted. NTB is horrible and slow for everything, but oh well.

From your first post. You got what you wanted. Open on Sundays. Waaaaaaaa!

As for your previous post, good come back, little girl.
--
Better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it.

Caddyroger
Premium
join:2001-06-11
To the west
reply to r81984

You could be right but you was the one that waited for it to rain before you bought tires. For your information it took pepboy's over 2 hours the replace all 4 of my tires.
--
Caddy

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX
Reviews:
·row44

Im only counting the time they put my car on the lift and started working.
The lift time was 2.5 hours.
They can change all 4 tires and do an alignment in under hour, 1.5 at a very slow pace.
There were no issues with my car that slowed them down.

Also will their extra time they still could not follow the directions (I stressed on the inside) and put the weights on the outside of alloy rims which makes absolutely no sense.
You always put them on the inside unless there are hub caps. They could even superglue weights on the inside of the tire if they had to, but you never stick weights on the outside of rims that dont have hub caps.
--
...brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Caddyroger
Premium
To the west

I was talking about Pep boys. I would know about the other place except discount tires. I been dealing with discount tire for the last 25 years.
--
Caddy

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium
Katy, TX
Reviews:
·row44

I like pep boys, last time they changed my tires, balanced, and alignment was an hour of lift time (about 2 years ago). I waited for 10 minutes before they pulled my car in.
They were just as fast in orlando when I change my tires before that.
--

Caddyroger
Premium
To the west

That was the first and last time I use Pepboys for Tire replacement I probable will not alive for my next tire replacement.
--
Caddy

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium
Katy, TX
Reviews:
·row44

said by Caddyroger:

That was the first and last time I use Pepboys for Tire replacement I probable will not alive for my next tire replacement.

You really cant complain if there were other cars in front of you in line.
--

Caddyroger
Premium
To the west
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit

said by r81984:

said by Caddyroger:

You really cant complain if there were other cars in front of you in line.

What do you mean if other cars was in front of me. I was the first car in that morning.
--
Caddy

Caddyroger
Premium
To the west

1 edit
reply to Anon

I only buy Generals tire's and I usually go to Discount tire but this time I ordered my tires from tire rack. I had them shipped to Pep Boys for the mounting.

--
Caddy

Juggernaut
Premium
Kelowna, BC

Costco is my preferred choice. Good value; free install, balance, and nitrogen fills. Rotations are free. Great service as a bonus. I do call to check service levels, though.
--
Better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it.

Caddyroger
Premium
To the west
reply to Anon

So we are about the same age. I guess mine is from the Irish and Indian in me. I was only a E4 but in charge of of 12 men.
--
Caddy

Caddyroger
Premium
To the west
reply to Juggernaut

I believe Costco only sell Good year and uniroyal tires. You can not give me Goodyear tires. Uniroyal are way to much for me. Generals to me have better traction and cheaper prices. I just put 4 General G-MAX AS-03.
--
Caddy

Juggernaut
Premium
Kelowna, BC

Here, they sell Michelin's, Bridgestone's, and a few others.

PrntRhd
Premium
join:2004-11-03
Fairfield, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Caddyroger

said by Caddyroger:

I believe Costco only sell Good year and uniroyal tires. You can not give me Goodyear tires. Uniroyal are way to much for me. Generals to me have better traction and cheaper prices. I just put 4 General G-MAX AS-03.

Out here Costco sells Bridgestone, Michelin and BF Goodrich.

Caddyroger
Premium
To the west
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by PrntRhd:

said by Caddyroger:

Out here Costco sells Bridgestone, Michelin and BF Goodrich.

I should have not went by memory they sell the same here. I checked the web site. I could swear they had a sign that read Uniroyal on it.
--
Caddy

M A R S
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Long Island
kudos:1
reply to Caddyroger

said by Caddyroger:

You must be talking about Katy Tx. Every place else in the USA most are closed.

Not where i live. I have gotten an oil change and tires installed after 3PM on a Sunday at the local Pepboys. Many auto parts stores and the like are open to till 7PM on sundays.

moes

join:2009-11-15
Cedar City, UT
Reviews:
·Revol Wireless
·Optimum Online
reply to r81984

Closing during the week would be the death of the store, from the figures we have shows that during the week foot traffic is high, during the weekends, especially sundays it's dead and we would do not business.

So no I will not be doing that during the weeks, it's business suicide.

Caddyroger
Premium
To the west
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to M A R S

said by M A R S:

said by Caddyroger:

You must be talking about Katy Tx. Every place else in the USA most are closed.

Not where i live. I have gotten an oil change and tires installed after 3PM on a Sunday at the local Pepboys. Many auto parts stores and the like are open to till 7PM on sundays.

I was probably wrong about the closing but he wanted a particular tire and the store he wanted by from did not have and got pissed off since they was not open. I am particular about the tire's I want but I do not wait until Sunday to by tires. I buy General tires. Pepboy Sams Costco Les Schwab firestone does not sell them. Discount tire sell them but did not have the type I wanted. I know before hand when I'll need to by tires so I can go to the store that I want go to. I do not wait when it starts raining to buy tires.
If he drove carefully he could have waited until the next Saturday his day off. I have driven in snow and ice which is way worst then rain. He can drive in rain.
--
Caddy

The Limit
Premium
join:2007-09-25
Greensboro, NC
Reviews:
·Windstream
reply to r81984

You know, there's a whole lot more I want to say, but I'm going to play peacemaker here.

Do you work weekends? If so, I don't see why you would be complaining, if you don't, then I definitely don't think you understand that people need time off. I realize that this is a rant, and you are here to blow off some steam, but this sense of "entitlement" is a bit misplaced here. Why not put the tires on yourself and have another shop balance them for you on the following Saturday? Am I missing something here? You are complaining about a company that "lost" a sale because they weren't open on a Sunday, so it wasn't convenient for you. Get over it. Sorry to be blunt, but I don't get my jammies all up in a whammy because of a minor inconvenience. This is America. We have it great here. If I say more, I know my post will be moderated, so I'm going to stop now.
--
"We will evaluate these integrals rigorously if we can, and non-rigorously if we must".
---Victor Moll, invited talk, Tom Osler Fest (April 17, 2010)

DC DSL
There's a reason I'm Command.
Premium
join:2000-07-30
Washington, DC
reply to Caddyroger

said by Caddyroger:

So we are about the same age. I guess mine is from the Irish and Indian in me. I was only a E4 but in charge of of 12 men.

German-Italian O3 here.
--
"Dance like the photo isn't being tagged; love like you've never been unfriended; and tweet like nobody is following."

carpetshark3
Premium
join:2004-02-12
Idledale, CO
reply to The Limit

If the store's reputation is so good, people usually put up with odd hours. Adorama Camera and B&H Camera in NY abide by all Jewish rules. Big notices during holidays that they will be closed. Lost many customers? I think not.

Hobby Lobby closes on Sundays. Stores are usually busy during other times, so they should be doing OK.

Large motorcycle dealer closed Sunday and Monday. Hasn't hurt business.

We have always just worked around schedules.