All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
rusty10
join:2009-12-16
Niagara Falls, ON

rusty10

Cogeco slows to a crawl EVERY sunday night! WHY!

Located in the Niagara Region, literally EVERY Sunday night my internet is terrible. I'm on the Cogeco Ultimate 30 package and am seeing speed tests from multiple sites averaging 9-12 mbps. It is a guaranteed thing, EVERY Sunday night, usually later on in the evening come 10pm it literally hits a wall. I've seen users complaining of this in threads going back 2 years.

Why is this continuing? This cannot possibly be due to user/neighbourhood traffic at this time, it doesn't "progressively" get slowly, instantly any downloads I have come crashing from 30mbps down to 10mbps, speed tests from multiple site reveal the problem as well.

I have tested multiple computers, as well as had others I know in my area with Ultimate 30 test for me as well during these times, and they all yield the same results.

What is Cogeco doing on Sunday night that causes such poor performance of it's network and hinders it's customers from obtaining speeds that at any other point throughout the week are not a problem?
meta
join:2004-12-27

meta

Everybody online is downloading the most popular sunday night shows.

urbanriot
Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

urbanriot to rusty10

Premium Member

to rusty10
said by rusty10:

Located in the Niagara Region [...] I've seen users complaining of this in threads going back 2 years.

Where, specifically, are you and these other users? Where in Niagara Falls?

I can compare with friends and family that are also on Ultimate 30 in your neck of the woods.

N0_Nam3
join:2002-06-14
Leamington, ON

N0_Nam3 to rusty10

to rusty10
Atleast you get that speed on turbo 14 everyday I get 1 to 3mbs

urbanriot
Premium Member
Canada

urbanriot

Premium Member

said by N0_Nam3:

Atleast you get that speed on turbo 14 everyday I get 1 to 3mbs

Both at my office and home, I get maxed out speeds of 30 Mbps and 50 mbps respectively. Have you tried creating a thread or calling Cogeco for your issue? 1 to 3 Mbps sounds like a serious issue and you could receive credits if you're overpaying for what you're not getting.
Marcer
Premium Member
join:2007-07-08
Hamilton, ON

Marcer to rusty10

Premium Member

to rusty10
Hi Rusty,

If you want to PM me your MAC address, I'd be happy to investigate.

N0_Nam3
Leamington, ON

N0_Nam3 to rusty10

to rusty10
i have every month since it started in January, made a thread nothing happened with it. I call them every month sometimes I get a month free others I get $10 off, the problem is Cogeco over sold our node and is taking their sweet ass time to do anything about it.

urbanriot
Premium Member
Canada

urbanriot

Premium Member

Update your thread, maybe Marcer can give you a hand too! I've heard he's rather helpful.

N0_Nam3
Leamington, ON

N0_Nam3

seems my thread has been lost when the site went down. dont want to hijack this thread but i've gone through all the steps i know of to get some sort of answer called cogeco had several techs and their supervisors(all of which said the problem was on their end) come out got a techs email from this site ( and since march has not responded at all) only thing i can really do at this point is wait till the end of august to see if my nodes been fixed. yay cogeco
Marcer
Premium Member
join:2007-07-08
Hamilton, ON

1 recommendation

Marcer

Premium Member

Hey NO-Nam3, PM sent regarding your issue.