Search similar:

uniqs

RyanThaDude
Indiana's No. 1 Zero
join:2004-01-24
Walkerton, IN

RyanThaDude

[IN] Internet slowing down during peak times again

Over the past week or so I've notice during the normal peak times my internet has been running a little slow. It's not extremely slow where pages don't load but I do occasionally run into a few time outs and YouTube buffers (that could be YouTube, too). Speedtests seem okay. While I'm not getting my full 12Mbps I am getting around 7-9. The lag seems bad though. It takes pages much longer to load than normal. Again, I understand it's busy everywhere and web servers can also be overloaded.

Here's some recent ping tests from tonight. You can clearly see where it starts to go bad.

Ping Plotter 20120716

Ping Plotter (good)

While not a major problem at this time since I'm no gamer but it would be nice to get this fixed before it gets worse.

Thanks!

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Area looks good but you do have some signal issues present on the lines. I would like to get a tech out to get those cleared up. Can I set a time?

RyanThaDude
Indiana's No. 1 Zero
join:2004-01-24
Walkerton, IN

RyanThaDude

Anytime after 3pm EDT Tue-Thu would be fine.

Thanks!

PS. Since we cancelled our phone service we don't have anyway for the tech to call us before arriving. I think my wife put her cellphone number on the account but she won't be here. I don't have a working phone here as of yet.
RyanThaDude

RyanThaDude

Looks like hop 3 is causing the issue. And right now internet is barely working. According to Ping Plotter hop 3 (173.30.35.29) is the cause. Most pages are timing out or doing nothing.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

I've got that trouble call scheduled for you. We will do everything we can to get this problem resolved.